• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When faced with a cull.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    YHB, I assume you haven't had any unexpected events at all in your life that requires you to be off for a number of months or make unexpected expenditures?

For some of us who are fairly new to contracting, we can't be beggers and demand high rates and save lots of money for "a rainy day". Nice in principle, but not easy in real life for everyone.

I am in the fortunate position that I can pay off my the rest of my bank loan, but have decided to hold out until I know if I have a job / contract to go to. I may have to relocate again and will need the money for a deposit and rent.

I wish I could have an abundance of money like you do... but life is not so rosey for everyone.
    What is your point? I thought your first post was about being forced into the 'miserable' world of permies. If thats the worst consequence of events in your life, it cant be that bad.

Comment

Working...
    X