• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurances: What is the "normal" level??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I've only ever had one agency ask me to be insured, I ignored their request and it went away. I may live to regret it but for now
    Fair enough. Most of the ones I've dealt with have demanded it. I think their main concern is the professional indemnity insurance though.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There is no legal requirement to have Employers Liability insurance if your co only employs yourself.

If you have other employees in the co ie another contrator, then, legally you must have EL. Note, having your wife as co sec doesnt count.

Having the other insurances may be argued as an indication of not being the clients employee for IR35 but Im not certain how strong this argument would be (probably non existent if anything seeing as those leeches at HMRC say its working practices that count unless these show you outside IR35 then they try and argue its what's in the contract!)
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
      X