• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, it's only for those who are in that area of the industry but you can sign up as a contractor through your Ltd. As long as you perform CLAS work each year you should be able to maintain it but it's certainly not going to be applicable to everyone (or likely the majority)

Applications are currently accepted once a year around March.

I'd just be interested to see if there are other similar routes for other specialties.
    B00med!

Comment

having a bit of a laugh

This is a bit of an odd thread.

Is it true you can get SC clearance from through a one man band Ltd company? Are agents able to get DV?

Sounds like someone is having a bit of a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
        This is a bit of an odd thread.
        Why is it an odd thread? Did you bother to read it and digest?

Is it true you can get SC clearance from through a one man band Ltd company? Are agents able to get DV?
        Obviously not.

Sounds like someone is having a bit of a laugh.
        Only people laughing is everyone at this ridiculous post. Thanks for your input. Not.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Only people laughing is everyone at this ridiculous post. Thanks for your input. Not.
          You are quite welcome.

I dont know much about computers but there seems to be a wealth of information on this thread.

Comment

Recruitment Agency View

In response to the statement at the top of this thread -

Q : I am not SC cleared and seen a great role but it says SC holding applications only please?
            It is illegal for the agent to discriminate in this way and it is highly likely he is not working in the best interests of the customer as he maybe passing over the best talent in preference for some chump with SC. Apply anyway and then report him. Address to follow, as I can't find it right now.

As a Managing Director of a Recruitment Agency that has placed a number of SC cleared candidates both contract and permanent I would like to point out that this statement is not true. If a role is a priority requirement that requires immediate and routine unsupervised access to assets protectively marked SECRET or above (SC) then an agent can advertise for candidates who currently hold valid SC Clearance. This has been verified by the Government.

If you would to know anything about SC clearances feel free to email me , I have extensive experience of dealing with security clearances / transfers. I have contacts within the DVA, DSU @ the FCO and have dealt with transfers to / from MOD, Home Office, EDS, HP, BT, Logica, Thales, Serco, Atlas, Capgemini and Steria.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamEld24 View Post
              As a Managing Director of a Recruitment Agency that has placed a number of SC cleared candidates both contract and permanent I would like to point out that this statement is not true. If a role is a priority requirement that requires immediate and routine unsupervised access to assets protectively marked SECRET or above (SC) then an agent can advertise for candidates who currently hold valid SC Clearance. This has been verified by the Government.
              But it also says in the Cabinet Office guildelines you are quoting from that such requirements are rare (the phrae they use is "in all but limited circumstances"). Even a cursory glance at the job boards shows that anything even faintly related to a cleared role you are only looking for cleared people to apply. That is what the argument is about, your business limiting the majority of unnecessary cases, not the minority of justified ones.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Anybody have any idea on the cost applied by the DVA when List X company "A" transfer the SC clearance of a contractor from List X company "B"? thanks Geoff .

Comment

Originally posted by AdamEld24 View Post
                  If you would to know anything about SC clearances feel free to email me , I have extensive experience of dealing with security clearances / transfers. I have contacts within the DVA, DSU @ the FCO and have dealt with transfers to / from MOD, Home Office, EDS, HP, BT, Logica, Thales, Serco, Atlas, Capgemini and Steria.
                  Some Russians, Iranians and Chinese would like to talk to you.

Comment

just seen a job advertised on serve that states - CANDIDATES MUST BE SC SECURITY CLEARED.

unfortunatly im not. i have a ltd company and want to know if there is a way i can get round this applying to get sc cleared via my company.

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
                      i have a ltd company and want to know if there is a way i can get round this applying to get sc cleared via my company.
                      ARGH! How about reading this f'king Q&A which answers your question instead of posting ??....

FFS some people.

Comment

Working...
                      X