• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Do Social workers need SC clearance? My bro is one and hasn't - u'd think it would be needed to view folks personal data - I needed it at NHS cos I could see personal data.

Any ideas?
    Sincerely doubt it. SC clearance is required to give you access to material classified as SECRET with occasional access to TOP SECRET material.

I'm not sure that anything that the NHS has would be classified to that level, to be honest - MoD, Home Office, Police, FCO, Cabinet Office, I can understand.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Sincerely doubt it. SC clearance is required to give you access to material classified as SECRET with occasional access to TOP SECRET material.

I'm not sure that anything that the NHS has would be classified to that level, to be honest - MoD, Home Office, Police, FCO, Cabinet Office, I can understand.
      Hmmm, wonder why I needed on NHS? Medical records on Spine? Anyway, glad to see the Herpes has cleared up, TheFaQQer BTW, nasty case that...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I got SC granted from the Dept of Health when working on NPfIT for the NHS a few years back.

Comment

Qualify for Basic security clearance

Hi,

i received a Contracting Job offer having Joining date of May 9th 2011, but i need to go under Basic security clearance i.e resident must lived in Uk for Min 3 yrs.

i started my work in UK(on Work permit) on Oct 2007 and i left UK on Feb 2008 to India for 4 months as i need to set up offshore team.
          I returned to UK again on June 2008 on the same WP VISA and since then i'm in UK continuing my work(last year i moved to Tier 1)

i'm confused will i qualify for basic security clearance as it says resident must lived in Uk for Min 3 yrs.

If i count from June 2008 to May 2011, i find i will be completing 2 Yrs and 11 Months, but if i count frm Oct 2008, i think i get qualify for Basic security clearance

Could you pls clarify, will my period in UK count from Oct 2007 or June 2008 for the basic security clearance check.

Thanks in advance
          Sarva

Comment

sc

My security clearance is taking ages it had been at the FCO for nearly 8-10 weeks now its apparentley at the Home office and they say now it will take another 30 days are they just messing me about. The FCO said everything was done like all the paper work and all the home office had to do was have the final say so how does that take another 30 days to do

Comment

Anyone hoping to get any clearance checks or transfers completed better start practising solitaire

Ministry of Defence | About Defence | What we do | Security and Intelligence | Defence Vetting Agency | Defence Vetting Agency (DVA)

Currently the Helpdesk have 810 emails outstanding the oldest e-Mail dating back to 07 April 2011. In order to attain our target of ten working days we ask that customers do not send the following requests to the Helpdesk:
              Transfer requests.
              NATO requests.
              I wonder if the transfer will actually occur before my contract expires, its been 7 weeks already
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by daz2k007 View Post
                My security clearance is taking ages it had been at the FCO for nearly 8-10 weeks now its apparentley at the Home office and they say now it will take another 30 days are they just messing me about. The FCO said everything was done like all the paper work and all the home office had to do was have the final say so how does that take another 30 days to do
                Hmmm, as far as I knew neither the FCO or HO do the clearance, its all done through a Dept of the MOD called the Defence Vetting Agency
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

FCO Contact number

All,

Applied for SC clearance two weeks ago. Want to check forms have been recieved and how long the process will/should take?

I tried ringing the number on the FCO website but it just keeps ringing! Anyone have a number that works?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gamble1234 View Post
                    All,

Applied for SC clearance two weeks ago. Want to check forms have been recieved and how long the process will/should take?

I tried ringing the number on the FCO website but it just keeps ringing! Anyone have a number that works?

thanks
                    Could you actually read the Q&A before asking questions that have already been answer numerous times.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Could you actually read the Q&A before asking questions that have already been answer numerous times.
                      I did! Doesnt mention anything around contact details for the FCO and current ie May 2011 lead times!

Comment

Working...
                      X