Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions - Page 57
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Posts 561 to 568 of 568

Nervous Newbie

Hi, it’s actually a contractor position within my previous employer’s organisation. I’d just be a contractor this time with an agency/consultancy as opposed to being an employee there. Nothing would change except the company who pays me.

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by hodd View Post
    Hi, it’s actually a contractor position within my previous employer’s organisation. I’d just be a contractor this time with an agency/consultancy as opposed to being an employee there. Nothing would change except the company who pays me.
    Which says to me that the new role does not require SC clearance…

As has also been said several times, clearance belongs to the role, not the person filling it.
    Blog? What blog...?

Nervous Newbie

OK thanks.

Nervous Newbie

Just an update then.

I’ve seen the information from UK SV. It says (** are dates but best not to write specifics):

Clearance Type: SC Lapsed on **/**/2019 (my leaving date)
    Valid from **/12/2018
    Expires: **/12/2028

So if I go to a new company, they apparently have to start my SC from scratch.

Godlike

Just an update then.

I’ve seen the information from UK SV. It says (** are dates but best not to write specifics):

Clearance Type: SC Lapsed on **/**/2019 (my leaving date)
    Valid from **/12/2018
    Expires: **/12/2028

So if I go to a new company, they apparently have to start my SC from scratch.
    it should be good for a transfer, all other things permitting, for up to a year (for contractors) after you left the last client.

But yous looks to be 10 year clearance. Which implies you were a permie. Which gives a longer time for it still to be valid for a transfer.

All of this is academic. Just show the paperwork you have. At the end of the day, you've had it before so it's easier to get again. That makes clients and agents comfortable.
    See You Next Tuesday

Nervous Newbie

Yes, it was a permie role.

The new company/agency in question aren’t being proactive so I might have to go elsewhere. They’re just saying they can’t transfer my SC and would have to apply from scratch.

As you say, even if that were the case, my recent SC should hopefully be viewed favourably. We’ll see.

P.s. there’s nothing untoward here 🙂 My SC wasn’t lapsed through any naughtiness.

Godlike

Yes, it was a permie role.

The new company/agency in question aren’t being proactive so I might have to go elsewhere. They’re just saying they can’t transfer my SC and would have to apply from scratch.

As you say, even if that were the case, my recent SC should hopefully be viewed favourably. We’ll see.

P.s. there’s nothing untoward here Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions My SC wasn’t lapsed through any naughtiness.
    Doesn’t sound so bad. My last one, albeit expedited, took two weeks. I can’t see there being any unusual delays in the vetting process right now.
    See You Next Tuesday

Nervous Newbie

Well, I’m still in a (non-defence) contract which is just as well as the vetting website shows this message:

UKSV is currently operating, with a significantly reduced workforce, in support of the COVID-19 containment effort. As such the need to reduce to a minimum business as usual workflow is crucial. We therefore ask that you initiate only those cases which relate directly to COVID-19 or are within the Priority category. All other vetting activity will be processed only when UKSV capacity allows. Our telephone lines are now closed however you can still contact us via email for urgent enquiries at UKSV-CONTACTUS@mod.gov.uk. Please only contact us if your enquiry is business critical.