Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions - Page 59
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Posts 581 to 587 of 587

Super poster

I waited 14 months once. Jan '18 - Mar '19. Previous clearance, no changes. Shortest was first time 10 working days... it's a lottery.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    I waited 14 months once. Jan '18 - Mar '19. Previous clearance, no changes. Shortest was first time 10 working days... it's a lottery.
    It certainly does seem a lottery with how long it can take. Especially looking through the threads.

A request to extract my SC only took 14 days. Unfortunately, it was the wrong clearance required, which is now delaying my start date for my first role out of green kit. I'll continue to wait and be patient.

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Just spoken to a recruiter who reckons its currently taking between 18-24 months to process SC

Anybody here who's been cleared recently able to verify?
    Part of my previous job was being a Sponsor. Usually, it can be anywhere from a month to a few months. One took longer, but was due to personal circumstances. Every case is different I'm afraid and there's no way of finding out how long it can take. Which is frustrating for a lot of people, when they want to know when they can start work.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ben9283 View Post
    Part of my previous job was being a Sponsor. Usually, it can be anywhere from a month to a few months. One took longer, but was due to personal circumstances. Every case is different I'm afraid and there's no way of finding out how long it can take. Which is frustrating for a lot of people, when they want to know when they can start work.
    After speaking to some other recruiters recently about timelines to get SC, I've concluded that the first agent who quoted 18-24 months was speaking with copious amounts of BS.

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben9283 View Post
    To which the answer is "Immediately". If only 95% of hiring managers realised that...

Yes it costs money (and time) for a consultancy to supervise uncleared personnel but a portion of their tender price for the gig would have covered that part of it (it's in the original ITT documentation), as do departmental budgets.
    Blog? What blog...?

Nervous Newbie

Question SC Trasnfer will renew it on transfer request?

Hi Guys , I have just started a new contract ( at least signed ) where SC clearance is required. I am SC clear until 2023 but did not get used for 11months and 29 days. On the last day of inactivity the new employer has requested the Clearance transfer.

The question: Based on your experience the "transfer request" itself will automatically set the status of my clearance from inactive to active? I know for a fact that if, not used for 12 months will be suspended/canceled. So The transfer itself will keep it alive? The SC was due to decay the 27th of Sept and the transfer was requested the same day. Thanks.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by Trozzonick View Post
    Hi Guys , I have just started a new contract ( at least signed ) where SC clearance is required. I am SC clear until 2023 but did not get used for 11months and 29 days. On the last day of inactivity the new employer has requested the Clearance transfer.

The question: Based on your experience the "transfer request" itself will automatically set the status of my clearance from inactive to active? I know for a fact that if, not used for 12 months will be suspended/canceled. So The transfer itself will keep it alive? The SC was due to decay the 27th of Sept and the transfer was requested the same day. Thanks.
    I would imagine that you'll have to re apply.
    Unfortunate timing, but these things happen.
    See You Next Tuesday