• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dovecottage View Post
    I have been instructed by my company i need to complete this form.
    does adding information about my adult children (31,35 & 36)
    name, date of birth, current address etc go against the data protection act if they have not given their consent?
    No. Under the 2018 Data Protection Act which incorporates GDPR into UK law there is a specific exemption for matters relating to National Security which this falls under.

See Article 23. Para 1 and Recital 73

Originally posted by Article 23. Para. 1
    Union or Member State law to which the data controller or processor is subject may restrict by way of a legislative measure the scope of the obligations and rights provided for in Articles 12 to 22 and Article 34, as well as Article 5 in so far as its provisions correspond to the rights and obligations provided for in Articles 12 to 22, when such a restriction respects the essence of the fundamental rights and freedoms and is a necessary and proportionate measure in a democratic society to safeguard:
    national security;...
    Originally posted by Recital 73
    Restrictions concerning specific principles and the rights of information, access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, the right to data portability, the right to object, decisions based on profiling, as well as the communication of a personal data breach to a data subject and certain related obligations of the controllers may be imposed by Union or Member State law, as far as necessary and proportionate in a democratic society to safeguard public security, including the protection of human life especially in response to natural or manmade disasters, the prevention, investigation and prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security, or of breaches of ethics for regulated professions, other important objectives of general public interest of the Union or of a Member State, in particular an important economic or financial interest of the Union or of a Member State, the keeping of public registers kept for reasons of general public interest, further processing of archived personal data to provide specific information related to the political behaviour under former totalitarian state regimes or the protection of the data subject or the rights and freedoms of others, including social protection, public health and humanitarian purposes. 2Those restrictions should be in accordance with the requirements set out in the Charter and in the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      No. Under the 2018 Data Protection Act which incorporates GDPR into UK law there is a specific exemption for matters relating to National Security which this falls under.

See Article 23. Para 1 and Recital 73
      Love the idea that the vetting organisation don't already have all that information to hand...

One day people will work out what vetting is actually testing.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
        Why? When I worked for sussex it was about 10 days.
        If Warwickshire Police are doing it, they have somewhat of a backlog...It can be expedited by having the Police Service for whom you require it, do it themselves. I "know someone" who had to have it done that way in order to get it sooner. The benefit of Warwickshire doing it, is that it is a National NPPV3 (and SC), as opposed to Service specific.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Love the idea that the vetting organisation don't already have all that information to hand...

One day people will work out what vetting is actually testing.
          They may do, they may not. If the applicant is naturalised by birth, but has relatives in a foreign country they may very well not.

However the OP was asking about their liability in sharing personal data with a third party without consent, and ordinarily there would be a prohibition against this, given that the OP has no reasonable way to know if the third party already possess that data or not. The DPA 2018 makes specific provision for this in line with Article 23 Para 1 of the GDPR, which grants an exemption for matters of National Security.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Mine is national and sc which has since been transferred to moj, doh, cabinet office, FCa and boe.

Comment

Current Warwickshire police vetting SLAs for people undergoing vetting

Comment

Ha-Effing-Ha.

Benny Hill must have written those SLA's. What are the repercussions of not meeting them?

Sent from my CPN-W09 using Tapatalk
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                  Mine is national and sc which has since been transferred to moj, doh, cabinet office, FCa and boe.
                  All of which have the same vetting requirements. Your point is...?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    All of which have the same vetting requirements. Your point is...?
                    It took 10 days your point is?

Comment

NorthernLad if you can add these to the sticky on the front page of the thread I'd be grateful:

Certes guide to SC vetting alongside other vetting levels

Overview of SC vetting

Important Notice about Police vetting

All staff and contractors have to undergo vetting under the ACPO vetting framework, this is a separate vetting system done outside of the UKSV by the Police Force themselves, an example would be a person who has undergone clearance with MOD won't be allowed to join the Police force until they are cleared & authorized by their relevant police force.

Metropolitan Police

Metropolitan Police vetting deviation from the standard ACPO vetting

Metropolitan Police vetting standards

Note: Current Metropolitan Police policy states CTC clearance is needed on for the vast majority of their sites, be warned even if you have SC with Management Vetting, you will still need to undergo CTC vetting for joining the Met Police

Rest of UK Police Forces (Normally done by Warwickshire Police Vetting Unit)

Police National Contractors Vetting Scheme

Vetting SLAs for clearance done by Warwickshire Police

Warwickshire Police Vetting Unit Portal

Management Vetting and Enhanced Management Vetting for those that join Police forces as fixed-term contractors or temporary staff

Note: All police staff working in areas with police marked materials which of a sensitive nature will be required to undergo Management Vetting

FYI: Please note all of these links are on the public domain and free to view by the general public (Before I have someone hit me on the head for disclosure) also note policy can change over a period of time also vetting is done by a case by case scenario so if you hear deviations from what is posted here be aware it is at the discretion of your vetting officer on matters regarding personal issues that might otherwise affect vetting.
                      Last edited by BlackCountryContractor; 24 October 2018, 07:30. Reason: Added Notice

Comment

Working...
                      X