• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, what is the 'one time portal access' thing?
    The client that will sponsor me have their own vetting team which will take care of everything.
    If you don't need to know then you'll not know.

the client may well have a vetting team. They're just being paid to do what you could do on the portal, in a few hours.
    Sounds like HP/DXC with that sort of cottage industry.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

security clearance application - change of details

Been waiting for SC for about 4 months (delay as partner has dual citizenship) I have no financial problems etc.

My sponsor will be my new employer. While waiting for SC pass/fail, i am interested in leaving my current employer and going freelance as its taking so long.

Do I have to inform vetting of my change of circumstances i.e I no longer work for the employer I put on my form?

I know there is a change of circumstances form for people who already have SC but can find no info on people who have applied for SC

Cheers in advance

Comment

Originally posted by rockydog View Post
        Been waiting for SC for about 4 months (delay as partner has dual citizenship) I have no financial problems etc.

My sponsor will be my new employer. While waiting for SC pass/fail, i am interested in leaving my current employer and going freelance as its taking so long.

Do I have to inform vetting of my change of circumstances i.e I no longer work for the employer I put on my form?

I know there is a change of circumstances form for people who already have SC but can find no info on people who have applied for SC

Cheers in advance
        Yes you do and it will likely result in stopping your clearance going through. Clearance applies to the role, not the individual. If you leave your current employer then you will no longer be in a role requiring SC, so you wont get it. If you leave and go to a new client as a free lancer and they decide you need SC you will go to the back of the queue and start again.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Yes you do and it will likely result in stopping your clearance going through. Clearance applies to the role, not the individual. If you leave your current employer then you will no longer be in a role requiring SC, so you wont get it. If you leave and go to a new client as a free lancer and they decide you need SC you will go to the back of the queue and start again.
          I read it as they have been offered a job subject to SC, the existing job is not SC but they have put those details on the forms for the new job as his current employer, can he get a different (non-SC) job while he waits for the SC to come through for the new role he's not started.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I read it as they have been offered a job subject to SC, the existing job is not SC but they have put those details on the forms for the new job as his current employer, can he get a different (non-SC) job while he waits for the SC to come through for the new role he's not started.
            Yes this is correct. My current job does not require SC. If i left my current job to take a career break, long holiday, temp. job while waiting for clearance pass/fail will it affect my application?

Comment

Originally posted by rockydog View Post
              Yes this is correct. My current job does not require SC. If i left my current job to take a career break, long holiday, temp. job while waiting for clearance pass/fail will it affect my application?
              Can't see why it would - unless you took a holiday in somewhere off the beaten track, such as Syria or Pakistan, or go broke waiting. And if you do, you will need to update your application.

As we keep saying, all clearances are a risk assessment. Since neither of us know what is being seen as a risk, questions like yours are basically unanswerable.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

For anybody else interested, SC took 2.5 weeks to come through, out if which 2 days were waiting for sponsor action.

Comment

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Can I hold Multiple Security Clearances at the same time? I am working with a confidential Public Sector Client who is applying a SC. Another Public Sector Regulatory Body is trying to hire for their End Client (Definitely Public Sector) and will apply for SC. I got a call about a niche role today for a Private Sector company who needs to apply SC for me. Any idea how all of these work together, i.e. Multiple SCs? I am Senior Level Adviser who works Part Time with Multiple Clients at the same time. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
                  Last edited by TechRiskPartners; 5 August 2019, 09:51.

Comment

In theory you should have a clearance assessment for each. As you no doubt know the clearance is a feature of the role, not the person, and the risk assessments for different roles may well look at different things. MOD and Police have separate views on the importance of financial probity for instance.

You need to talk with your clients and get their view. They may well accept the clearance gained through one of them, if only for convenience, but it has to be their decision.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      You need to talk with your clients and get their view. They may well accept the clearance gained through one of them, if only for convenience, but it has to be their decision.
                      This. Each client with have a security team that will hold your clearance. You don't hold it as an individual. They will be well versed in the process and the possibilities so would be worth posing this question to each of them individually.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X