• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I waited 14 months once. Jan '18 - Mar '19. Previous clearance, no changes. Shortest was first time 10 working days... it's a lottery.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      I waited 14 months once. Jan '18 - Mar '19. Previous clearance, no changes. Shortest was first time 10 working days... it's a lottery.
      It certainly does seem a lottery with how long it can take. Especially looking through the threads.

A request to extract my SC only took 14 days. Unfortunately, it was the wrong clearance required, which is now delaying my start date for my first role out of green kit. I'll continue to wait and be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Just spoken to a recruiter who reckons its currently taking between 18-24 months to process SC

Anybody here who's been cleared recently able to verify?
        Part of my previous job was being a Sponsor. Usually, it can be anywhere from a month to a few months. One took longer, but was due to personal circumstances. Every case is different I'm afraid and there's no way of finding out how long it can take. Which is frustrating for a lot of people, when they want to know when they can start work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben9283 View Post
          Part of my previous job was being a Sponsor. Usually, it can be anywhere from a month to a few months. One took longer, but was due to personal circumstances. Every case is different I'm afraid and there's no way of finding out how long it can take. Which is frustrating for a lot of people, when they want to know when they can start work.
          After speaking to some other recruiters recently about timelines to get SC, I've concluded that the first agent who quoted 18-24 months was speaking with copious amounts of BS.

Comment

To which the answer is "Immediately". If only 95% of hiring managers realised that...

Yes it costs money (and time) for a consultancy to supervise uncleared personnel but a portion of their tender price for the gig would have covered that part of it (it's in the original ITT documentation), as do departmental budgets.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

SC Trasnfer will renew it on transfer request?

Hi Guys , I have just started a new contract ( at least signed ) where SC clearance is required. I am SC clear until 2023 but did not get used for 11months and 29 days. On the last day of inactivity the new employer has requested the Clearance transfer.

The question: Based on your experience the "transfer request" itself will automatically set the status of my clearance from inactive to active? I know for a fact that if, not used for 12 months will be suspended/canceled. So The transfer itself will keep it alive? The SC was due to decay the 27th of Sept and the transfer was requested the same day. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzonick View Post
                Hi Guys , I have just started a new contract ( at least signed ) where SC clearance is required. I am SC clear until 2023 but did not get used for 11months and 29 days. On the last day of inactivity the new employer has requested the Clearance transfer.

The question: Based on your experience the "transfer request" itself will automatically set the status of my clearance from inactive to active? I know for a fact that if, not used for 12 months will be suspended/canceled. So The transfer itself will keep it alive? The SC was due to decay the 27th of Sept and the transfer was requested the same day. Thanks.
                I would imagine that you'll have to re apply.
                Unfortunate timing, but these things happen.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Does anyone have any idea what the time frame for an Enhanced DBS is at the moment? I have heard rumours of delays.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    Does anyone have any idea what the time frame for an Enhanced DBS is at the moment? I have heard rumours of delays.

Thanks in advance.
                    I am not sure about enhanced, but I did a standard check couple of days ago as requested by the client/agent. Received the results in 2 hours.

Comment

BPSS time

Does it include the initial BPSS checks or its just the NSVS check?

Comment

Working...
                      X