• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview at Sony Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview at Sony Europe

Just wondering has anybody worked for Sony.

Anything I should bear in mind?

Many thanks

BB
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

I had an interview there in 1998 when I left uni. They were a bunch of geeks but still offered me a job.

I turned them down. It was in Basingstoke.

I know this doesn't help at all, but I thought I'd share.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I had a permanent interview with them last year. Didn't get job.

Very geeky, but very nice guys. I didn't know enough about gaming or what games I played to be honest to be in with a chance.

It would have helped me if I'd known more about development and coding, I'm more of a marketing/business PM... but guessing you know your stuff more so you should be fine.

If it's the central London office it's a great environment too... I had a look round with one of the guys who was interviewing me. Laid back, informal (though I'm sure they work hard), and everyone seemed really enthusiastic as well but not too over the top.

This may not help but thought I'd mention as it seemed a good place to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        I turned them down. It was in Basingstoke.
        Did a short stint there. It was fine. Few years ago now, though.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
        X