• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever Asked this by Agent??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    If the agent wants to put me forward for a position then they have to tell me who it's for first and I'll tell them if I've already been put forward. Simples.
    I'd assumed this was standard practice for all contractors? I can't say in 21 years of contracting I've ever let anyone put my cv forward for a role when a) I don't know who the client is, b) exactly where they are located c) exactly what the job description states and finally d) what the rate is.

If you don't know all the above, what's the point in even taking things any further? You just seem to be opening yourself up to all sorts of time-wasting and trouble, as well as being ripped off. All IMHO, of course.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      I'd assumed this was standard practice for all contractors? I can't say in 21 years of contracting I've ever let anyone put my cv forward for a role when a) I don't know who the client is, b) exactly where they are located c) exactly what the job description states and finally d) what the rate is.
      The type of PM work I do all the jobs sound the same. For a short time-frame I had loads of agencies call me (a rare occurrence). One guy, think it was James, rung me up and said "good news, we've got you an interview at that mobile company you were interested in".

Me, "Great". Only realised when I got the email confirmation back that I'd never had a decent conversation with this guy, it was another James and another mobile company. He just sounded the same.

Comment

Working...
      X