• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract with Accenture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stacks View Post
    I've just moved onto a project where Accenture are involved and jesus christ their people put in some long hours!
    of which 50% is working for the client and 50% is spent on devious plots to sell them more projects.

If your contract is with Accenture and they are just paying the invoices through NetworkersMSB then that is probably OK. Make sure your actual contract isn't with NetworkersMSB though... or if it unavoidably is, make sure you check it for exclusivity clauses, and make sure they haven't put any on Accenture's side either.

Comment

Working for Accenture... will be definetly "for" rather then "with"... great bunch of people to see how they operate - slick and professional.... its a well oiled machined. However if your a contractor don't be suprised to be treated as an "outsider" and be on guard... if you don't know something just stay quiet or BS, BS, BS.... thats what they all do! just make sure you like steak, rugby and golf and your 75% there.
      Never Never Never give up

Comment

Accidenture, the rabbit hutch consultancy. First there's two, then four, then eight. Next thing you're over-run with the buggers.

Comment

Clown shoe waering cock-nobbers

Having had accenture come in and try to 'save' a project I was involved in.

All i can say is, they are the biggest bunch of clown shoe wearing cock-nobbers I've ever had the miss-fortune to be associated with.
          All the comments previously about BS, golfing, rugby playing, stripy shirted f*ckwits. Is completely and wholly true.

I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, hadn't a clue. As for working long hours, not this bunch in late out early with a long lunch in-between ( must have all been contractors ).
          Needless to say they didn't last long & the project was saved, by bringing in the right personnel with the right knowledge ( ahem, that'll be me then )

Good luck on your first contract, even with ASSenture. Hope you've got a game face as you're going to need one
          Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

Originally posted by MrHelpful View Post
            Working for Accenture... will be definetly "for" rather then "with"... great bunch of people to see how they operate - slick and professional.... its a well oiled machined.
            You must be fookin joking or were you being ironic?

Having had accenture come in and try to 'save' a project I was involved in.

All i can say is, they are the biggest bunch of clown shoe wearing cock-nobbers I've ever had the miss-fortune to be associated with.
            All the comments previously about BS, golfing, rugby playing, stripy shirted f*ckwits. Is completely and wholly true.

I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, hadn't a clue. As for working long hours, not this bunch in late out early with a long lunch in-between ( must have all been contractors ).
            Needless to say they didn't last long & the project was saved, by bringing in the right personnel with the right knowledge ( ahem, that'll be me then )

Good luck on your first contract, even with ASSenture. Hope you've got a game face as you're going to need one
            this is more like it
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Despite what anyone says, ACN is great to have on your CV.

And yes, £25 p/h is extremely low; what role are you doing?

P

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
                And yes, £25 p/h is extremely low; what role are you doing?
                25ph * 40 / 5 days = £200 per day
                25ph * 37.5 / 5 = £ 187.50 per day

Either way that is low, especially for a 'management' role or are you more on the engineering or administration ( PSO etc ) side.
                Just keep in mind ASSenture will be billing you in for circa £ 1K per day ++
                Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

Don't listen to these gimps. 25 an hour is ok for your first try and the experience you get is worth far more.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                    Don't listen to these gimps. 25 an hour is ok for your first try and the experience you get is worth far more.
                    And it will probably still be more than the permies get paid...

Comment

I suggest you watch your back, you may be brought in as a fall guy.

Don't worry about it, there will be verry little you can do to save yourself.

Just learn as much as you can for your next role.
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X