• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITonlinelearning.co.uk has anyone used this training company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second Udemy, course content is great, and the majority of instructors update their course content. All available via a good app on iOS & Android, content can be downloaded also, perfect when on the train. Also found that Pluralsight content is pretty good, and the cost of the site over a year isn't too bad either.

Comment

Just completed the CISSP course with itonlinelearning and to be honest I don't think it was worth the money they charge

the videos are about 45hrs in total and the same content is covered for free by cybrary in about 10hrs, shows how much waffle there is in the videos

after each module there's practice tests which are supposed to help identify if you've missed any info, these tests consist of 3 questions, hardly a comprehensive check of your grasp of the module.
      only after you have completed all the modules do you get access to the final practice test. In this instance it's 59 questions which, for a 6 hour exam, doesn't give you the confidence to sit the exam.

There are far better options out there, certainly for CISSP, and I wouldn't look to use this company again

Comment

ITOnlineLearning

I tried to start my course with them in April and have had nothing but problems. First of all it wasn't set up properly so I had started doing the totally wrong thing, that took them 2 weeks to sort out which included me having to give my username & password so they could log into my account, something I was uncomfortable doing. Now that the course has been set up properly I've been trying to follow instructions for installing programs needed to learn along with the videos, can't get anything to work, support tickets which say have a turnaround time of 24 hours are taking over a week to get any info on.

I would never recommend anyone use this company.

Comment

this thread was started nearly 7 years ago. We should have "share your horrible CUK memories" feature like Facebook

Comment

At the time where there is tons of material available on Youtube, cheap courses on Udemy, free on Microsoft Virtual Academy and slightly expensive Pluralsight. Why would you even waste your time and money on these guys?

Comment

Originally posted by spongeym View Post
              I second Udemy, course content is great, and the majority of instructors update their course content. All available via a good app on iOS & Android, content can be downloaded also, perfect when on the train. Also found that Pluralsight content is pretty good, and the cost of the site over a year isn't too bad either.
              I agree! I've just checked Udemy and they have pretty much all courses on offer for £10 each. I'm about to pick up CompTIA A+, Network+ and Linux+ courses for (I think) £40 in total.

I spoke to the staff (via their online chat) and asked them if the exams are included. They said the exams are included but then on the FAQ page apparently they aren't. Perhaps he was referring to their 'in-house' certifications which, to be frank, counts for diddly squat.

My heart initially said "wow what great value for money!", then my head said "If it looks too good to be true it probably is". I imagine that their business model is to get you through whatever hodge-podge scheme they have, in order to lock you into a 12/24-month contract with their 'partner', from which they no doubt get a referral fee from the IT company.

Maybe I'm wrong but either way I appreciate everyone else's input on here. I think I'll go with Udemy and maybe a Mike Meyers book off Amazon.

Comment

Very Poor Substitute for Real Learning and Certification

I feel I was conned into buying an expensive training package with ITOnline, after following up the promise of a job offer. The course and the subsequent IT partner training was OK, but would have been far cheaper with You Tube and Udemy.

The training through the IT partner was with a company who, it transpired, would have offered me the same training for free because I already had two CompTIA certificates (A+ and N+) The IT partner training was originally promised in my home town; that turned out to be false.

ITOL certificates aren't worth anything; they are based on completion of multiple choice questions at the end of each course, that are covered in brief in the end of module questions. If you fail the end course, you simply take it again. If you want worthwhile certs, and you are limited in funds,

I suggest you find as much free training online (ITFreetraining/Power Cert Animations/Prof Messer/Eli the computer guy etc) all available free on you tube, or pay £10 per course on Udemy, then, when you are ready, book and pay for your exam - a proper exam at a test center. ITOL are purely sales oriented and, as I discovered, they will fleece you when they can.

Course support and the quality of the online test engines is also very suspect in places. I suffered from my ignorance, but pushed on through and made sure I made ITOL work as much for me as I could - live and learn. Don't make my mistake, save your money and go elsewhere!

Comment

In this current contract market real world commercial experience is what counts the most. Do not pay (yourself) for any online training a decent interviewer will disregard it within seconds!

Comment

Udemy and Edx.org gives me all the training I need for free or very little money.

Comment

Hi,

Is there anybody who got work from them?

They reassure to work in partnership with one of the biggest IT support companies in the UK:
                      BT, TalkTalk & HP

..."Once you have completed and passed the courses we then move forward to the recruitment stage"...

anybody??

Kind regards,
                      Konrad.

Comment

Working...
                      X