• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITonlinelearning.co.uk has anyone used this training company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrmike View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread by I have had recent dealings with this company that I think people should be aware of.

I was lured in to this training company by a recruitment agency who posted a job advert on TotalJobs.com, who, after giving me a telephone interview offered me a tech support job providing that I get Comptia A+ certification. I have reason to believe that this recruitment agency (ITOL), are not actually a recruitment agency, but perhaps employees of ITOnlineTraining? I'll let you guys decide.

They offered me a course to get certified, they (Stacy) told me that my exam fee's would be included in the bundle, however after paying, I received my invoice which stated that my exam fee's were not included. I rang them and politely questioned Stacy about this, she did not confirm that I would receive official Comptia A+ certification, and advised me that the certificates were their own 'in-house' printed certificates!

This is called mis-representation. I have made many more attempts to contact them and cancel my course and get a refund. Instead of replying to my query, they instead sent me a link to download the course materials. This is because their terms and conditions state that after downloading course material, you no longer have the right to cancel! Very sneaky indeed.

I am currently in proceedings with my bank, who are siding with me on this matter; they are going to reverse the transaction and get my money back. The only thing left for me to do is warn others.

The only reason I paid them was because it was cheaper than paying for the exams via PearsonVue, I already had my own study materials. I thought that maybe the training companies had discount exam vouchers.
    Originally posted by craigp View Post
    Just completed the CISSP course with itonlinelearning and to be honest I don't think it was worth the money they charge

the videos are about 45hrs in total and the same content is covered for free by cybrary in about 10hrs, shows how much waffle there is in the videos

after each module there's practice tests which are supposed to help identify if you've missed any info, these tests consist of 3 questions, hardly a comprehensive check of your grasp of the module.
    only after you have completed all the modules do you get access to the final practice test. In this instance it's 59 questions which, for a 6 hour exam, doesn't give you the confidence to sit the exam.

There are far better options out there, certainly for CISSP, and I wouldn't look to use this company again
    Originally posted by SkintDog View Post
    I feel I was conned into buying an expensive training package with ITOnline, after following up the promise of a job offer. The course and the subsequent IT partner training was OK, but would have been far cheaper with You Tube and Udemy.

The training through the IT partner was with a company who, it transpired, would have offered me the same training for free because I already had two CompTIA certificates (A+ and N+) The IT partner training was originally promised in my home town; that turned out to be false.

ITOL certificates aren't worth anything; they are based on completion of multiple choice questions at the end of each course, that are covered in brief in the end of module questions. If you fail the end course, you simply take it again. If you want worthwhile certs, and you are limited in funds,

I suggest you find as much free training online (ITFreetraining/Power Cert Animations/Prof Messer/Eli the computer guy etc) all available free on you tube, or pay £10 per course on Udemy, then, when you are ready, book and pay for your exam - a proper exam at a test center. ITOL are purely sales oriented and, as I discovered, they will fleece you when they can.

Course support and the quality of the online test engines is also very suspect in places. I suffered from my ignorance, but pushed on through and made sure I made ITOL work as much for me as I could - live and learn. Don't make my mistake, save your money and go elsewhere!
    Thanks for sharing this story, i have just received a call from a "so called employer" who offered me a job paying £28-£35k annual provided i conduct this online course for 2 hours a night for 3 weeks after which i will be certified and offered a role guaranteed,

After reading your story i will now be cautious: https://ww w.itonlinelearning-recruitment.com - this is the website that my "so called employer" asked me to do a course with paying £1,595 on offer (RRP 1,999) exams fee included, please be careful and thank you for sharing your stories everyone it saved me, I am sharing this in hope of helping someone else as well.

By the web address it looks to be the same website with word recruitment added to the website.
    Last edited by cojak; 28 August 2020, 10:42. Reason: removed ink

Comment

This company is sketchy!

Originally posted by KonradK View Post
      Hi,

Is there anybody who got work from them?

They reassure to work in partnership with one of the biggest IT support companies in the UK:
      BT, TalkTalk & HP

..."Once you have completed and passed the courses we then move forward to the recruitment stage"...

anybody??

Kind regards,
      Konrad.
      Right now I am in the "Job Placement Program" after completing 3 courses....it has been one nightmare after another with them! Is there some way we can figure out if anyone has actually received a job through them?!

Comment

Cost of courses / placements / fake reviews(?)

I am curious to know more about this company. Initially found a form on a jobsearch site that advertised training project management positions.

It then became clear that the company is a course provider, but like a lot of educational services, it's quite high competitive and sales-driven, which means that it is likely to want to corrrespond by direct phone call (with sales strategy).

Obviously the provider takes pride in its Trust Pilot reviews but I'm circumspect how many of its five star ones are genuine representations of experience. There is another review site at the Independent (link below), and if you look down the reviews you will see that many use exactly the same quotations. This suggests they have been fabricated.

Has anyone got a job from them, or has anyone done the courses? If someone already has the qualifications they are asking to qualify in, would Itonlinelearning still provide a service? How much are the courses and qualifications? any light on this would be appreciated.
        Last edited by cojak; 6 November 2020, 16:37. Reason: removed link

Comment

Working...
        X