• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another how is the market thread...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by padinka View Post
    "Seek.com.au" is the main job site in Oz. (It's owned by Jobserve though I think)

From their site, filtering only for ICT:

17,743 Information & Communication Technology jobs in Australia

So about three time as many IT jobs and a population 1/3rd the size of the UK.

So yes, no shortage of work.

Canberra is as boring as battulip though.
    That's including permie jobs. I got 5,819 contracts when I did a search.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      That's including permie jobs. I got 5,819 contracts when I did a search.
      Fair call. Still a much better jobs/population ratio than the UK though. And the weather is a bit better too...
      I'm not so think as you drunk I am...

Comment

Fair call. Still a much better jobs/population ratio than the UK though. And the weather is a bit better too...
        Stinking hot, water shortages and the place is on fire half the time. I'll give it a miss I think.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Stinking hot, water shortages and the place is on fire half the time. I'll give it a miss I think.
          You forgot the killer animals like spiders which we have a shortage of in the UK.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Also booming here in Melbourne.

"Seek.com.au" is the main job site in Oz. (It's owned by Jobserve though I think)

From their site, filtering only for ICT:

17,743 Information & Communication Technology jobs in Australia

So about three time as many IT jobs and a population 1/3rd the size of the UK.

So yes, no shortage of work.

Canberra is as boring as battulip though.

Comment

What happened to the recovery?
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                It tanked once the UK started to realise we needed to actually address the economic issues rather than the Labour method of just paying for it on our childrens credit card.

Comment

2 calls this morning before 10am. Both from desparate sounding agents.
                  I've steadily had about 2 calls per day for the past week, but sadly nothing close to right has come up yet.

Yesterday I had two calls directly from companies. This was very strange, its like some of the big IT firms have ditched the agencies and are now setting up their own recruitment firms and using jobsite/jobserve recruiter accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                    Didn't you know? We're riding the double dip rollercoaster... hold onto you're hats as we're about to go down the 2nd dip...and its a big one

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                      2 calls this morning before 10am. Both from desparate sounding agents.
                      I've steadily had about 2 calls per day for the past week, but sadly nothing close to right has come up yet.

Yesterday I had two calls directly from companies. This was very strange, its like some of the big IT firms have ditched the agencies and are now setting up their own recruitment firms and using jobsite/jobserve recruiter accounts.
                      What's your skillset CS?

Comment

Working...
                      X