• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Futures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Futures

I had a bad experience with Computer Futures 7 years ago, and I avoid them as much as I can, and say as much bad about them as I can.

But time has passed, Huxley and Progressive is in the same group, and it is difficult to avoid all 3.
    But the stock-holders are the same, and I guess the employees also?

To what extent is it the same company, same culture etc? Do employees more between these 3 agencies than with others?

Perhaps the Computer Futures agents from that time are now completely dispersed in the industry, so it is nothing I can do?

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
    I had a bad experience with Computer Futures 7 years ago, and I avoid them as much as I can, and say as much bad about them as I can.

But time has passed, Huxley and Progressive is in the same group, and it is difficult to avoid all 3.

To what extent is it the same company, same culture etc? Do employees more between these 3 agencies than with others?

Perhaps the Computer Futures agents from that time are now completely dispersed in the industry, so it is nothing I can do?
    you need to take a similar mindset as the agents: like anyone who makes you money

Personally I've had 1 contract with computer futures. Thought the agents were a bunch of gel haired wide boys but they acted professionally enough and paid on time which is all I ask from an agency.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Jeez, 7 years!!! You think the same employees, same processes, computer systems etc will be there 7 years later???? You can have a bad experience that might be a one off, you can't judge a whole company on one bad experience and then hold it against them for 7 years.

Boy you post some pap.... How do you actually survive?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There is a lot of variation within the organisation and you will certainly find it easier if you deal with the right person. For a modest referral fee of £100, I can facilitate a profitable business arrangement.

Comment

I have dealt with members of that group for the past 15 years. I've not really noticed any change in the way they operate.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I have dealt with members of that group for the past 15 years. I've not really noticed any change in the way they operate.
            About the same length of time too.

I've taken to ignoring S3 posts. Over 95 per cent of the e-mails they send me are for jobs in locations other than in my area.
            Greater London isn't that hard to find is it?

The other sThree companies have a marginally better grasp of geography but not by much.

I would asssume the resourcers across the group are using the same pretty rubbish resourcing tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Aman View Post
              About the same length of time too.

I've taken to ignoring S3 posts. Over 95 per cent of the e-mails they send me are for jobs in locations other than in my area.
              Greater London isn't that hard to find is it?

The other sThree companies have a marginally better grasp of geography but not by much.

I would asssume the resourcers across the group are using the same pretty rubbish resourcing tools.
              I don't see that sending you contracts out of your area is a bad thing. Many of us work away from home, it is the nature of our business. It maybe ok for you living in London but in Leeds, Brum etc where contracts are a bit thinner we have to accept the travelling. I would be even more dissapointed if an agent didn't send me ALL opportunitues and I missed out just because he is picking gigs within an hour of my location. It may suit you living in London to only have London based roles but it certainly doesn't for the rest of us.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's a big company, so effectively you've had an issue with individuals or a specific client.

It's not like you've been screwed over by some Dodgy Agent who you need to avoid.

We all choose who to do business with, but sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like otherwise you are cutting off your own nose to spite your face.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Although I would say that in 8 years, I've never heard anyone say Anything positive about any of the SThree companies.......
                  "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                  SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

I've been contracting through them for a while now and am pretty unimpressed. OK, so there's the perennial question of "what exactly do they do for their money", but they managed to screw up a payment systems upgrade recently which meant they were unable to pay contractors on time and it looks like their scheduled payments system has screwed up again as my latest invoice due for payment yesterday hasn't been sent and their entire company is on holiday.

I've only ever had problems with them when it comes to paying me on time when they say they will. It might only happen a handful of times over a contract period, but its one of those things that is incredibly frustrating when they are effectively charging the client to provide a professional service (via your good self).

Not sure why its acceptable for agencies to get away with this when I can imagine the stink that would be kicked up if their own staff were paid late.

Comment

Working...
                    X