• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, do we think Jan and Feb will be buoyant months for new contracts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure hope its going to be a good Jan and Feb.

Otherwise it'll be the first non-self-imposed benchtime I've ever had.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Please tell me these are North West Roles....
      I can't speak for those, but the roles I referred to were/are indeed in the NW, Manchester and Warrington areas.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

well so far Jan has been a dud for me...

Comment

I have been offered a role with a public sector body in Wales paying good money... but it is basically 3 people's jobs in 1 on a very demanding project... other IT boys have told me to walk away as it would be very stressful... one said a killer...

The money is tempting and the work would last the year... but would I...

I think I will give it a miss and hope something better comes along.

Comment

I've been getting lots of cold calls as well. Much more than I would normally expect. Things do seem to be picking up.
            Not sure if they are trawls though as I'm lucky enough to have just been offered another 3 month extension at current clientco and have been politely telling people that.
            Not sure why agents would disguise trawls to be honest (although I'm fairly sure they do)....in my opinion if an agency wants to get up to date CVs and details they only have to ask or send a mailshot. Got to be good for us if they know when we're likely to be available and have a current idea of what we're looking for and the rate we want (or will accept).
            Is that just an innocent way of looking at things though?
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PropertyCrashUK View Post
              I have been offered a role with a public sector body in Wales paying good money... but it is basically 3 people's jobs in 1 on a very demanding project... other IT boys have told me to walk away as it would be very stressful... one said a killer...

The money is tempting and the work would last the year... but would I...

I think I will give it a miss and hope something better comes along.
              Only permies get stressed.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                Not sure why agents would disguise trawls to be honest (although I'm fairly sure they do)....in my opinion if an agency wants to get up to date CVs and details they only have to ask or send a mailshot.
                Trawling is not about just getting uptodate CV's, it's getting the names of people who work at the companies on your CV.

Comment

I've ahd a few calls but nothing concrete yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    Only permies get stressed.

kingcook likes this
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

The irony is that I've just renewed my current contract for another 6 months and I'm getting about 5 decent sounding agency calls a week.

The downside though is that they are mostly in London and I swore that after Merrill Lynch "never again".
                      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X