• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project People

I just walked away from a 7 month contract on the back of a number of things however the best of them being:

A standard 30 day payment schedule [edited by CUK]
    The insistence that I answer a questionnaire on my own tax affairs and that of my accountant.
    3 years worth of references (despite the fact that I have spent the last 3 years moving and working for the end client and its competitors)
    Opt out letter demanding 2 years worth of signed audited accounts and demanding to know where I am prepared to stay away from home.

Probably the most [edited by CUK] contract I have seen in 10 years. including a clause that allowed them to reclaim unpaid money from the client through my company !!!

I phoned the end client up and explained that I'd love to do the work but but I wasn’t happy with agency procedure.

He was suitably annoyed however understood the point.

Nice one Project People
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 17 February 2011, 11:48. Reason: Potentially libellous comments removed.

Not to sing PP's praises, but I've found them 'OK' over the last several renewals.

That said I have heard from colleagues looking to secure contracts through them of these tactics. So many hoops to jump through, which to be fair are completely un-required. I hope the end client has weighed in to assist you on this occasion.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 17 February 2011, 10:40.
    Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

worked with project people. Not a fan personally of their tatics but they do pay on time....I'll give them that

Comment

Thanks for this. One of their bods just called me about a role so I said no and spoke to one of the other 3 agencies handling the role.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X