• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV 'Put Forward', how much competition?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV 'Put Forward', how much competition?

Just wondering, when you CV is 'put forward' by an agent, how many other CV's will they be sending?

From a the little bit of hiring I did in my permie days I would have said 3 or 4 (I assume the agent doesn't want to muddy the waters by giving too much choice).

Does this sound correct?

Thanks

Ive just put my CV forward for a banking role, and I was 1 of 2 CV's from that agent. I thought "that's not bad, I guess I have a fair chance of getting it". When I asked how many agents were on it they replied between 8 and 12.... ****!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
      Ive just put my CV forward for a banking role, and I was 1 of 2 CV's from that agent. I thought "that's not bad, I guess I have a fair chance of getting it". When I asked how many agents were on it they replied between 8 and 12.... ****!
      and he also may be lying and have put 10 forward.

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
        Just wondering, when you CV is 'put forward' by an agent, how many other CV's will they be sending?

From a the little bit of hiring I did in my permie days I would have said 3 or 4 (I assume the agent doesn't want to muddy the waters by giving too much choice).

Does this sound correct?

Thanks
        Sounds similar to the figure I've been quoted. That said, I do wonder if they hold back a cv or two if they have a preferred contractor they want to place thereby eliminating some of the competition.

Comment

Yes I don't see a client wanting to wade through 15 or so CV's. I was just interested as I have been put forward for 3 different roles, and by my crude (but probably optimistic logic) I should have a good chance of getting at least 1 interview.

I don't suppose anyone tallies how many 'being put foward' usually result in one interview?

Comment

I was told for the role I interviewed last week for there was one other candidate and there were two roles. Who knows as I was rejected for the role and am wondering if there were more from other agencies.

Comment

Only today I was told that 4 different agencies had shortlisted 3-4 candidates each (me being one) for 3 positions at IB ClientCo.

Seem about right?
              Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
                I don't suppose anyone tallies how many 'being put foward' usually result in one interview?
                In the bad ole days of 2009, I'd say I put forward 100 / interview. Fast forward 1 year... Put forward for 3, got three interviews, which resulted in three offers.

Crazy game, this contracting, crazy game.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                  In the bad ole days of 2009, I'd say I put forward 100 / interview. Fast forward 1 year... Put forward for 3, got three interviews, which resulted in three offers.

Crazy game, this contracting, crazy game.
                  I think some confusion here. The OP is asking how many CVs does the agent put forward to the client i.e. how many does he select from the 100's of applicants he gets (depending on the role). You are taking about how many applications you make to an agent before you get an interview. I think using the term 'Put forward' to describe your application to the agent is a bit misleading.

I agree with what you are saying but just wanted to point out the different step you are talking about.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X