• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tulip of the day...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tulip of the day...

Had interview for a role suited to my CV, backend J2EE stuff.

Interview was short, seemingly went well.

Feedback?

A maybe.

It seems I'm short on front end webby stuff. Which is... interesting... given it wasn't on the job spec sent to the agent, nor is it present upon my CV, nor was I asked anything about front end skills - one question relating to it was the fact I'd written restful web services previously.

Back to fallback role then; what's the market rate for a gigolo? Though to be fair, I'm planning a twist - clients paying me not to sleep with them. I'd make more money that way.

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    It seems I'm short on front end webby stuff. Which is... interesting... given it wasn't on the job spec sent to the agent, nor is it present upon my CV, nor was I asked anything about front end skills - one question relating to it was the fact I'd written restful web services previously.
    Don't worry about it.

Some companies contain people who are tulip about saying exactly what they want for a role. This results in them wasting a lot of other people's time and money.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another waste of your time and money...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Don't worry about it.

Some companies contain people who are tulip about saying exactly what they want for a role. This results in them wasting a lot of other people's time and money.
        The interviewer is fairly new to the company, so I'd tend to give some benefit of the doubt.

Irony being I've a phone interview tomorrow, local, higher rate - with some web skills involved. All nighter swotting up in order, I think.

Comment

Working...
        X