• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

going perm?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going perm?

Got cut unexpectantly from my last contract (due to cost) as very short notice, was benched for 6 days before 2 offers came in (I accepted the one with a nice £50 a day rate rise).

Now 2 weeks into the 3 month contract the Director tells me that he wants me to go perm and build a new restructured department under me.

Been asked to consider:
    Bottom-line Salary and Ideal Salary Expectations ( ideal being , if they offered that today I would accept straight away).
    Bonus Package.
    Flexible Benefits that I want included in total package.

The location, company and people are all good but just not sure that I will get an offer anywhere near close enough for me to consider it.

So on a £450 a day rate what would make you consider going back to the dark side?

Just going through this myself. I went back with 85k as base, and this is being considered.

I don't care either way though to be honest - but am close to home and my current client co have a cracking bonus scheme.
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Off on a long train journey tomorrow with one of the other senior guys here so going to pick his brians. Was thinking about the 85K mark but I need to understand a bit of the history here with bonus payments etc.

Think it could be a good move to cover the next 12-18 months while the country tries to sort itself out. Dont really fancy flitting from contract to contract with the possibility of bench time.

Comment

85K way over the odds

If they offered me £85K basic compared to 450 pd then I'd snatch their arm off.

I think you'll be lucky if they offer you more than £60K basic which they'll "big up" with other perks of varying value.

In most places I find that the perm role one or two grades above the one I'm working in equates to an attractive deal.

As such this is often tricky to achieve unless they are really keen

May be different in your industry, but I'd be worried that the previous reply is setting optimistic expectations.

Comment

Working...
        X