• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Building Client Relationship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building Client Relationship

Its my first week in contracting. Its going ok. I would like you know any tips on building relationship between yourself and the client so I could secure an extension?

Furthermore is it good building relations with the clients employees?

Originally posted by New2011 View Post
    Its my first week in contracting. Its going ok. I would like you know any tips on building relationship between yourself and the client so I could secure an extension?
    Take them out to the pub and get a few rounds in!

Originally posted by New2011 View Post
    Furthermore is it good building relations with the clients employees?
    Absolutely! Just don't enter into a discussion about how much you are getting paid.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
      Take them out to the pub and get a few rounds in!

Absolutely! Just don't enter into a discussion about how much you are getting paid.
      And don't turn up on day one in an Aston Martin. Proper contractors drive Rover 800's or old Jags for much cheapness.

And keep the Aston in the heated garage for weekend trips to the Algarve.

Comment

Yes, build that relationship. Do what needs done. Don't complain. Don't act like a permie.

Buy the beers. Be grateful for the contract. Do nothing that will p!55 the client off. It's much easier getting an extension than a new gig.

Yes, get to know the permies, one of them will be a hiring manager soon.

Connect with them on linkedin. Keep in touch after the gig, so they know when you are available.

This is your marketing. Adverts won't work, relationships will. Work at it.
        World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
          Yes, build that relationship. Do what needs done. Don't complain. Don't act like a permie.

Buy the beers. Be grateful for the contract. Do nothing that will p!55 the client off. It's much easier getting an extension than a new gig.

Yes, get to know the permies, one of them will be a hiring manager soon.

Connect with them on linkedin. Keep in touch after the gig, so they know when you are available.

This is your marketing. Adverts won't work, relationships will. Work at it.
          WVS!

Comment

Make sure you produce something in your first few weeks, ask questions and get yourself known as someone who gets things done with the minimum of fuss.

Definitely build relationships with the permies and gain their trust.

Don't...

be a twa t ,nick all the stationery or shag the HR Manager's missus (ok though if you don't get found out)
            Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Working...
            X