• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Name and Shame

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name and Shame

Why dosnt the board name and shame bad recruitment agencies ?

In my experience most of them lie (not a nice trait) and try and take contractors for cnuts with their large margins. I mean what do they do for it?? There should be legislation in place to ensure there is a fixed margin or a one off cost.

It's worse than being a prostitutes pimp.

Agree there are some I say some good decent agents out there, but few and far between.

There is also the odd client out there that wants to pay peanuts and take the p@@s also, these should be named so contractors can avoid (if they so wish) for potential contracts.

There is no value in naming and shaming for a whole host of reasons.. some are...

People will try and name and shame an Agency not an agent and you can't tar the whole company with the same brush so worthless feedback.
    An agent might deal with a 100 people well and piss one guy off. That guy comes on here a slates the agent but this isn't quality feedback as he might have served 99 other people very well. tulip happens from time to time.
    Naming individual agents on a public board could have consequences for CUK so I am sure Admin will not be too happy about this going on too much
    People get on their high horses about things that are just part of dealing with agents. They are salesmen, the way they work maybe underhand and we don't like or understand it. One user could give an agent a bad rep when it's just the way they do things. Grow some kahuna's and deal with it.
    Crying about people isn't big or clever..grow some..etc etc

and so on....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by steveweaver View Post

In my experience most of them lie (not a nice trait) and try and take contractors for cnuts with their large margins. I mean what do they do for it?? There should be legislation in place to ensure there is a fixed margin or a one off cost.

Agree there are some I say some good decent agents out there, but few and far between.

There is also the odd client out there that wants to pay peanuts and take the p@@s also, these should be named so contractors can avoid (if they so wish) for potential contracts.
      Best suggestion ever.
      In addition, I will name and shame every single contractor out there who has ever applied to a role I've been advertising without reading the advert, every person that's had an agenda which is different to mine, every contractor who has ever turned down a role which I've secured them and every person who has said anything nasty about my wife.

I suspect the last one might be the longest list.

The point is, on that basis, you could cover 3/4 of the working population. So rather than give everyone in the country the opportunity to sue for liebel, lets just get off our high horses huh?
      "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
      SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
        Best suggestion ever.
        In addition, I will name and shame every single contractor out there who has ever applied to a role I've been advertising without reading the advert, every person that's had an agenda which is different to mine, every contractor who has ever turned down a role which I've secured them and every person who has said anything nasty about my wife.

I suspect the last one might be the longest list.

The point is, on that basis, you could cover 3/4 of the working population. So rather than give everyone in the country the opportunity to sue for liebel, lets just get off our high horses huh?
        Well that's everyone on the planet named and shamed then.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Well that's everyone on the planet named and shamed then.
          No. That comes when you take into account people who have slagged off my wife.... My name is at the top of the list.....
          "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
          SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
            No. That comes when you take into account people who have shagged my wife.... My name is 3rd from the top of the list.....
            ftfy
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Should agents come here to name and shame the contractors who want £500/day to do a bit of coding in between posting on CUK, before leaving at 3pm?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I asked the exact same question not that long ago (which you would have seen if you has been arsed to search but that's another story ) I think the general opinion is that as with everything in life people will mostly only complain with bad service but keep quiet over good. So you will always get a skewed impression of a "bad" agents.

My idea would be to have a good agents list, if one has gone the extra mile let people know rather than bitching about the bad, also I doubt agents would sue admin if there was a Nice List as opposed to a Naughty List
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Should agents come here to name and shame the contractors who want £500/day to do a bit of coding in between posting on CUK, before leaving at 3pm?
                  Only the ones they are not making 20% out of
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

In my experience most of them lie (not a nice trait) and try and take contractors for cnuts with their large margins.
                    I think you have answered your own question. It wouldn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

Every 6 months or so, somebody comes on here and names an unusually good agency, which has properly transparent and reasonable margins, and doesn't try to force you into contract terms that seem copied from a particularly humiliating Medieval unconditional surrender treaty.

Comment

Working...
                    X