• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Received Contract.. IR35 question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received Contract.. IR35 question

I'm aiming to get it reviewed but as I'm starting in a matter of days I'm expected to sign now. I'll be getting the review underway first thing tommorow but in the mean time what does the following suggest to those who know the in's and out's of IR35:

'the Contractor is not a managed service company but is a personal service company which is compliant in all respects with IR35.'

Originally posted by Netters82 View Post
    I'm aiming to get it reviewed but as I'm starting in a matter of days I'm expected to sign now. I'll be getting the review underway first thing tommorow but in the mean time what does the following suggest to those who know the in's and out's of IR35:

'the Contractor is not a managed service company but is a personal service company which is compliant in all respects with IR35.'
    Means nothing. Where is that quote? In the contract or was it some bullshi t that the agency spouted?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Yeah that's within the contract. It's the only direct mention of IR35 - I know that means little. Just wondered if that meant anything. Like I said I need to send it for review in the morning but the agent wants it signing.

Comment

I think they mean they do not want to fall victim of the debt transfer provisions in the MSC legislation regarding unpaid tax.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

If it is in the contract it is the biggest load of tosh I have seen. The clients process and attitude to it's contractors is one of the biggest flag to IR35 so the onus cannot be purely on the contractor. If he won't accept substitution, doesn't want to address MOO etc you can do nothing about it.

I don't know what the legal issues are about having crap in contracts but I would personally like to see that out just because it means nothing.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            If it is in the contract it is the biggest load of tosh I have seen. The clients process and attitude to it's contractors is one of the biggest flag to IR35 so the onus cannot be purely on the contractor. If he won't accept substitution, doesn't want to address MOO etc you can do nothing about it.

I don't know what the legal issues are about having crap in contracts but I would personally like to see that out just because it means nothing.
            The wording is "complies with IR35" - that just means if you're inside you pay as PAYE etc., if you're outside you can do what you want. It seems reasonable for them to ask you to confirm this.

Comment

My personal view is I'd want that taken out whether it means something or not.

all the same, I'd have it reviewed by someone like bauer & cottrill and take their advice on it.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Yeah that's within the contract. It's the only direct mention of IR35 - I know that means little. Just wondered if that meant anything. Like I said I need to send it for review in the morning but the agent wants it signing.
                Off course the agent wants it signing asap.

That particular agent probably wrote that particular contract.

Get it reviewed by someone who knows how to write a contract properly without terms which are completely meaningless.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

strike it out, initial the change, sign and return...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

get the contract checked over by Qdos who are the experts and can give you IR35 insurance on it as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X