• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coventry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    How long since you were in Cov? Peugeot factory was knocked down years ago.
    Quite recently actually! Hang on, no, it was 1980. I remember cos Coventry City were in the old Division One. Where's Madge gone, Elsie? Sure she went to shop to get me some Uncle Joes Mint Balls, and I've not seen my Triumph Herald for ages. And I've wet myself.

Sorry, this is one of the professional forums, sorry, sorry....

Comment

Well, it appears that the interview site is walking distance (10 minutes) from the Coventry Train station.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        Well, it appears that the interview site is walking distance (10 minutes) from the Coventry Train station.
        If you don't mind a bit of a drive out this place is outstanding for the money:

Luxury 5 Star Guest House in Solihull, for accommodation near NEC try Barncroft Guest House
        Last edited by bluwe; 17 September 2011, 01:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          How long since you were in Cov? Peugeot factory was knocked down years ago.

Ask SallyAnne she is there now in Cov. I also work in Cov and there isn't any areas that I wouldn't go to, sure some are rough around the edges but on the whole its a safe place. Plenty of decent Indian restaurants though.
          You work in Cov?????!!!!! I'm living here full time now - we need a do!!!!

I'm going to PM you my number, and get texting!! (Not this weekend like, I'm in Leicester on the lash)
          But literally any other time!!

xxxx
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            Hi all,

I am waiting to hear back on an interview I had on Friday afternoon for a role in Coventry. In order for me to get my hopes up, I want to do some pre-emptive prep work in case I do get the role.

So, can anyone recommend any B&B's / Hotels and reasonable Indian / Italian restaurants in the area? Any particular parts of Coventry that I should avoid at any particluar parts of the day? I don't want to reveal who it is on a public forum until after I hear back.

What's the public transport like in the area? I am likely to travel up to Warwick on the Sunday and get the Inter-town bus service and travel back on the Friday evening to save on the costs.

Thanks in advance.
            Hiya!

Right...if you go on laterooms and sort by price (cheapest first, obviously), there are a few to avoid. Formula1 and ABC are proper sh*t holes, and you share a bathroom.
            Others such as the Allesley Hotel and the Highlands are bigger hotels, but still sh*t holes. They sometimes do really cheap rates, but even then they're over priced.

Depends on what you're after though.

There's a few travelodges scattered about (city centre or Binley) which are both absolutely fine.

Premier Inn and Cocked Hat, again in the Binley area (Coventry East) and have great pubs/restaraunts next to them. And just off A45.

If you want to stay somewhere posh, stay at the Village Hotel.
            It really depends on what area of town you're staying at really. But as mentioned, once you learn the ring road, you can get from one end of Cov to the other in 15 minutes, so it's no problem.

Coventry itself hasn't got loads going for it, but I really like it.

Hope you get the job xxx
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              You work in Cov?????!!!!! I'm living here full time now - we need a do!!!!

I'm going to PM you my number, and get texting!! (Not this weekend like, I'm in Leicester on the lash)
              But literally any other time!!

xxxx
              That's ok I live in Leicester

Comment

"Any particular parts of Coventry that I should avoid?"

Yep, all of it - its a right old flea ridden pit of a place, and full of bl**dy civil servants too..

Comment

I'm working in cov.....

Hi,

I'm working in Cov at the moment.... Give me a shout if I can help with any thing.

Wouldnt mind hooking up for beers if any one is out !
                  SAY NO TO RETROSPECTIVE TAX

Comment

Just an update. I didn't get the role in Coventry, but landed a role in Reading and start tomorrow.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X