• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SCRUM Master Certification (London)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCRUM Master Certification (London)

As a developer who's used scrum for many years, I originally turned my nose up at the thought of a "certified" scrum master training costing circa £1000.

However lately, I've had several agents tell me that clients are asking for it, and that it *may* improve my interview chances. So, my question is......

Are there any hands-on devs/techies who have done this course in London and can recommend a training provider that will actually add value, rather than turning up for the certificate at the end?

Many thanks.

am in a similar position to you, looking for some scrum training to get the certificate to stick on the CV to "prove" my scrum skills.

Skillsmatter look like they do some cool courses to me, have some cool people who write books on it and are known in the scrum world...plus they do slightly extra parts on top of the regular certs.. ie Scrum + writing user stories or Scrum + estimating...

They look like they are about 100quid more than alot of the other places, but skillsmatter are respected.. so dunno basically.

Comment

I asked this the other week

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...t-manager.html
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If you send me £200 I'll send you a SCRUM certificate.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Mike Cohn from Mountain Goat Software sometimes does one in London (Holborn). I did one of these recently and found it a really good mix of teaching, group exercises and (most valuable of all) him answering tons of questions about specific problems you are facing in your environment.

You can book it through EMC via his website.

On the expensive side, but worth it for the sheer quality of practical advice he provides... not for the CSM badge.

Comment

Working...
          X