• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whirlpool View Post
    capita - avoid with your life intact
    That'll be difficult as they're running all the english council care services

Comment

capita - avoid with your life intact
      Why are you quoting a 6 year old post that has nothing to do with Capita?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Why are you quoting a 6 year old post that has nothing to do with Capita?
        Why is a six year old post still going?

Comment

Why is a six year old post still going?
          Because Agencies deserve such hatred.
          Apart from any that have a genuine role around Feb time....
          best buds...

Comment

This isn't an avoid but a proceed with caution.

I have just finished a contract early with a healthcare provider via the HCI Group. I was specifically told that the role was outside ir35, even got them to make changes to the contract to make it even more friendlier but the actual working practices were not and despite conversations with both the agent and the client, lots of tulip later, nothing has changed, despite promises working conditions would be discussed and in line with the contract wording.

The HCI Group play great lip service but other than they pay on time, once they have got your signature, treat you with utter contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrogers View Post
              This isn't an avoid but a proceed with caution.

I have just finished a contract early with a healthcare provider via the HCI Group. I was specifically told that the role was outside ir35, even got them to make changes to the contract to make it even more friendlier but the actual working practices were not and despite conversations with both the agent and the client, lots of tulip later, nothing has changed, despite promises working conditions would be discussed and in line with the contract wording.

The HCI Group play great lip service but other than they pay on time, once they have got your signature, treat you with utter contempt.
              They've got you on site. You'll walk if they don't pay on time but ignore you until four weeks before the end of your contract. Please explain how they're any different to 90% of agencies.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Avoid SKAWI if you can...

They tend to recruit for WIPRO.
                They offer 30 day terms on the contract and they are late paying you 80% of the time.
                Their policy is to pay you only after they received their money from WIPRO

Comment

Nigel Frank

Caught them red handed approaching a referee I gave them purely as phishing trip for them. I don't normally give names out for references unless there's a contract offer but in this case had some previous history with the agent / role in question. When I approached them about their antics they tried to BS their way out. On my black list now.

Comment

Curo Talent

Curo Talent got me an interview with World Remit. Interview went very well, interviewer said will be positive feedback. Debriefed agent after interview, since then (over a week ago) one meaningless txt message from agent, ignored my calls and messages. It maybe the client didn't want me but to be ignored after a 5 hour round trip, expenses and putting the effort in is frustrating. Another for my black list.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfriar View Post
                      Curo Talent got me an interview with World Remit. Interview went very well, interviewer said will be positive feedback. Debriefed agent after interview, since then (over a week ago) one meaningless txt message from agent, ignored my calls and messages. It maybe the client didn't want me but to be ignored after a 5 hour round trip, expenses and putting the effort in is frustrating. Another for my black list.
                      Some agents are immature.

Instead of blocking the agency block the individual agent, as when they move companies - which loads do frequently - they take their attitude with them.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X