• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming up with a viable plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is good for a bit of inspiration...
    iPHONING MY WAY TO RETIREMENT $.70 AT A TIME by Eugene Lin, Ep 44 - YouTube

Comment

My PlanB is (almost) the same as my PlanA, mainly because I love the field I'm in. Plan B is what i'm currently doing, go figure

Comment

Originally posted by Umbongoo View Post
        I like the brainstroming and self analysis bit (above) but if like some u don't have a creative bent then you're buggered and end up replicating something that's already out there, albeit with some fine tuning/embelishment of sorts. Are u thinking of something service or physical product related, or haven't u got that far?
        WHS.

Plus knowing how to take risks and recognise opportunities is another. The final ingredient is drive(which is my weakness out of the 4).
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          WHS.

Plus knowing how to take risks and recognise opportunities is another. The final ingredient is drive(which is my weakness out of the 4).
          So your woodland plot didn't come to anything?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            So your woodland plot didn't come to anything?
            ??

Charging for the next teddy bears picnic or something else???

Comment

??

Charging for the next teddy bears picnic or something else???
              Here:

Anyone have experience of speculating on land
              Such as buying plots of land without planning permission(which may look like a good bet) and then putting in applications over the years.

Seeing some interesting plots £50/£60/£100k which don't have permission, have tried previously, but there is a chance in the future.

Anyone done this? Pointers? Experience?

(Adding to that, has anyone bought any woodland at any point?)
              (link button doesn't work at client co.)

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                Here:

(link button doesn't work at client co.)
                I bought a house with a building plot attached in the end. That's my 2012 Plan B.

Buying without planning is a massive gamble.

Comment

I bought a house with a building plot attached in the end. That's my 2012 Plan B.

Buying without planning is a massive gamble.
                  Buying farmland without planning at above the market rate is a gamble. Buying farmland at the market rate is an inheritance tax dodge.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Anybody tried trading on Ebay and made a success out of it? I love buying and selling but that's about the only thing I can think of at the moment...

Also eek: I love your signature - it just about sums up what we do a lot of the time....

Comment

I've got plans B and C but I don't get time to work on them. Whenever I'm on the bench (like now) I'm so consumed with finding my next contract I can't concentrate. I have to think of the 'here and now' not 'what might be' or I might have to sell a house or something! Entirely my fault I know - paying for the sins of a previous life.

Comment

Working...
                      X