• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts are like buses sometimes...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracts are like buses sometimes...

...don't see anything for ages and now I get two offers at once
    Do what thou wilt

Well done DB!

Now get that status of yours changed.... "Dark Black is probably on the bench" ?
    I don't think so

Comment

They smell of wee?

Comment

Me too, literally at once. i was on the phone accepting Offer B, when agent left a voicemail confirming Offer A on my mobile. That is lucky. usually you have to use delaying tactics for a couple of days to get both on the table at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          ...don't see anything for ages and now I get two offers at once
          Congratulations.

Which offer are you going to take?

Comment

Double bubble wooooohhhooooooooo what a nice position to be in
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

banana!!

Comment

I got a call today too!! For a permie job!!

oh wait

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Congratulations.

Which offer are you going to take?
                  I had a 6 month fixed-term (aka permatemp) and a 2 month "proper" contract

I went for the permatemp role mainly because they are prepared to put me through for clearance again (mine had lapsed) and also because there are some technologies involved that I'd like to gain some experience of... pro-rata salary is ok too. So I'll slum it as a non-contractor for a few months and suffer the paid leave etc.. oh the trauma
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                  X