• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fantastic Opportunities from Michael Bailey Associates.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic Opportunities from Michael Bailey Associates.

I just got this tempting e-mail:

"Dear [sucker]

We are currently searching for a JOB TITLE to work in CITY, COUNTRY for DURATION plus extensions. This is a fantastic contract opportunity for a large multi-national client.

The ideal candidate must have the following skills: SHORT JOB DESCRIPTION.

If you are interested in this position, please respond within 24 hours with a short motivation letter and your CV in Word format so MBA can contact you.

MBA do have a policy to fulfill job requests within 24 hours therefore a quick response is important.

Alternatively, you can call us on the number below.

MBA does apologise when this job does not match your profile. However, if you have any colleagues who may be interested in this contract opportunity; please forward this email to them. If they are successfully placed at our client site, we will award you with £150.00 (180 Euros).

Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you soon,

Regards

Sibylle Willnauer
    Recruiting Team
    MBA, Michael Bailey Associates"

And your problem is what???
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I worked through MBA for a number of years in two different countries; I found them to be fine.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not sure about this either, I've posted the odd advert on to a mate who's been benched at the time.

It's not as if they've asked you to tell them what interviews you've applied for and references (hello Evolution! ).
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

A fishing email is hardly a reflection on an agency. It's what they do. Like it or lump it.

Comment

I received this email last week I think it was as well. Not relevant to me at the moment, so simply pressed delete.

Comment

I get about 3 a week from MBA all for positions that I have absolutely no idea about. They just do keyword searches and send out an e-mail to everyone they find that matches one of the words it seems. I have once worked for them and although they paid on time I was not overly impressed with the agent.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I get about 3 a week from MBA all for positions that I have absolutely no idea about.
                I get about 3 a week from Progressive all for positions that I know absolutely everything about.

These are City-based roles, for £35k-£45k.

I've tried pointing out to them several times that I'm contract-only, and that the rate of pay is at least £100k short of what a decent City-based person would expect, but that hasn't stopped the comedy roles from coming in.

I've wild-carded their email addresses to go straight to the trash folder now, but I still have the odd flick through some of them once-a-week for a laugh.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  And your problem is what???
                  I don't have a "problem"; do you?

Comment

Dunno, you posted an email you got. Why? Is there a problem with it?

Comment

Working...
                    X