• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timing of handing notice in mid-contract, with odd termination clause

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Stop fannying about trying to be like an employee and just inform the agent your co is terminating the contract. Contractors dont hand in their notice (unless working through a brollie).

IMO, contractors all too frequently act like employees when terminating. Notify them and tell that under MOO, you wont be in the day after you've notified them. If the agent comes back and says you have to work 7 days or whatever, point them in the direction of the MOO condition in the contract they issued (you do have a MOO clause, dont you?)
    A valid method or not it is hardly professional to do this and when people start doing it things will get a lot worse for us IMO.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      They have probably already got someone else lined up on a lower rate.
      finished that sentence for you....

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
        They have probably already got someone else lined up.
        Or be glad to get rid......
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          A valid method or not it is hardly professional to do this and when people start doing it things will get a lot worse for us IMO.
          How so? It is used by clients when they want to get rid of contractors. And let's be honest here, it is far better than making up excuses that a member of one's family is very ill \ has died etc, etc or just not turning up once you have terminated, so you dont work the notice.

I wouldnt employ this method with a client I had repeat business with or with a client I was looking to return to at some time in the future though. But there again, I dont agree with contractors stage managing their last day as the OP appears to want to do. Just my opinion though.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Stop fannying about trying to be like an employee and just inform the agent your co is terminating the contract.
            He did just that. A day before you posted. See 4 posts up.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
            X