• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End date around early termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bollocks - there is jack they can do about this. Give the notice and advise clientco you will be unavailable for the next 28 days. I haven't seen a contract yet that says how many days I HAVE to work.

Comment

Originally posted by guleesh View Post
      Is there some way that I can leave earlier than 28 days ? If I was ill would the company still have to pay?
      I very much doubt that there is anything in your contract which says you are obliged to work every single working day of the contract so just look at it as you are taking some time off and it just happens to be at the end of the contract.

Just make a deal with the client that you won't be working for the last 28 days. Submit your timesheets to the agency for the days worked and then say nothing. By the time the agency figures out what's happened, they will have paid you and you'll be gone.

If the agency don't like it then tell them it's their tough tulip. You work for the client, not the agency - the agency are just a parasitic middle man who introduces you to the client, factors the payments and takes a cut for their trouble.

Absolutely do not entertain any suggestion that you will get paid a penny less than you are owed or that the client will pay a penny more than they owe just because you are exiting early and make sure the client is aware of this too.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
        Bollocks - there is jack they can do about this. Give the notice and advise clientco you will be unavailable for the next 28 days. I haven't seen a contract yet that says how many days I HAVE to work.
        Ditto. Just hand your notice in and don't invoice for any days. Don't even bother telling the agency you won't be working any of the 28 days as it will trigger more tulip from them. Unless you have an out of the ordinary and nasty contract with the agency you aren't breaking anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          If the agency don't like it then tell them it's their tough tulip. You work for the client, not the agency - the agency are just a parasitic middle man who introduces you to the client, factors the payments and takes a cut for their trouble.
          You work for yourself.

The key to contracting is keeping the client happy while making the agency look good.But at the end of the day you answer to no-one but yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X