• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Saving Account Interest?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Saving Account Interest?

Hi there,

I got my company money in Cater Allen but also have a company saving account paying good interest with Santander but now I've found out they are both Santander companies and even though I'm not to worried about the uk side of Santander I think it would be sensible to move either my company current or saving account elsewhere. I've had a look around and the only bank I can find that is paying interest at anything above the 0.5% level appears to be RBS but even they are only paying 1% or so.

So does anyone else know of any banks paying interest at a rate worth more than pennies ?

Thanks

Steve
    When a man says his word is as good as his bond take his bond.

Depends how much you have and how long you can lock it away for.

Investec Business High 5 is paying 2.25% at the moment, but you need a minimum of £50,000 and it's 3 months notice to withdraw/close.

Comment

Ah well I got the dosh just not sure I want to be putting the money away for that kind of period. However I'll have a look at what they are offering thanks

Comment

90% of santander business is in the UK plus the goverment will cover up to is it 85 thousand now so you only need to worry about any money over this amount

Comment

Try here:

Best corporate bank savings accounts interest rates for business ltd limited plc public limited companies

Compare Business Accounts, Commercial Mortgages & Loans

Comment

How did you not know they were both Santander companies?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Eventually you will find that cater allen are marginally less crap than santander are and all will become clear.

I had an argument with them, that they think paying me 35 euros compensation is acceptable for when they make a major cock-up which takes hours of my time to sort out, yet, they charge me 29 euros to make a bank transfer.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                How did you not know they were both Santander companies?
                UK banking and savings groups all the info is there

Comment

Ahhh now that's useful thanks for the links. The best paying account is Hinkley and Rugby BS and as it happens my company is registered in Coventry so I can actually use them

Comment

Working...
                  X