• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harvey Nash as an agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvey Nash as an agency

Hey all,

Just been dealing with these guys for a new contract, anyone had any recent experience with them? (could only find forums going back about 3 years)

Just wanna see what they like to deal with and also (importantly!) what they're like at paying!

I've dealt with them. They're OK - pay on time, competent enough. Anything specific you want to know?

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiContractor View Post
      Hey all,

Just been dealing with these guys for a new contract, anyone had any recent experience with them? (could only find forums going back about 3 years)

Just wanna see what they like to deal with and also (importantly!) what they're like at paying!
      Always been very professional and paid on time.

Comment

I had a 14month contract through them. They didn't do anything to chase extensions etc (but never had an agent who has to be perfectly frank!)

But they always paid on time and the online time sheets/authorisation worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          I've dealt with them. They're OK - pay on time, competent enough. Anything specific you want to know?
          Cheers for that. Just wanted to make sure they were all good. Not been here long from NZ but found some dodgy recruiters in my short time here so far! How often do they pay their invoices, weekly/monthly?

Comment

I used them

Hey KiwiContractor, nice to see a fellow NZer in the UK IT contracting scene. I'm currently in Sydney but watching the UK market with interest for a possible return to London next year but it looks like the market is going to be pants for a while yet.

But I digest. I used Harvey Nash, they were great, but then that was back in *cough*1997-2000*cough*. They might have gone downhill a bit since then.

If you are looking for a half-decent agent and agency with the more Australasian level of professionalism you are used to, as opposed to the chav-fest that UK agencies have become, then contact Kat at TalentInternational. She's great. They are all from Sydney/Wellington so if you ever see a role with multiple agencies, pick them first.

Good luck!

Comment

In my first forray into contracting I used them and found them to be prompt payers and very professional, I had no problems during the 6 months of that specific contract.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
                Hey KiwiContractor, nice to see a fellow NZer in the UK IT contracting scene. I'm currently in Sydney but watching the UK market with interest for a possible return to London next year but it looks like the market is going to be pants for a while yet.

But I digest. I used Harvey Nash, they were great, but then that was back in *cough*1997-2000*cough*. They might have gone downhill a bit since then.

If you are looking for a half-decent agent and agency with the more Australasian level of professionalism you are used to, as opposed to the chav-fest that UK agencies have become, then contact Kat at TalentInternational. She's great. They are all from Sydney/Wellington so if you ever see a role with multiple agencies, pick them first.

Good luck!
                Awesome! Thanks for that Stan! Couldn't find contact details for Kat specifically, but, have just submitted my details to their general contact address so that should be good. Appreciate the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiContractor View Post
                  Awesome! Thanks for that Stan! Couldn't find contact details for Kat specifically, but, have just submitted my details to their general contact address so that should be good. Appreciate the advice!
                  You're welcome. I'm friends with all the girls at Talent in Sydney through my bestie Shazza who I met when she got me a job in Wellington (they are ALL hot!). Kat got me a role here before she left for the UK. I think she is working for Talent in London. I'll check.

If you ever find yourself back over this side of the world I can highly recommend Sydney. Plenty of jobs and the money is still great compared to NZ.

How did you get on finding work? Myself and a colleague are busting to come back to London and I figure there must be *some* jobs around?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
                    You're welcome. I'm friends with all the girls at Talent in Sydney through my bestie Shazza who I met when she got me a job in Wellington (they are ALL hot!). Kat got me a role here before she left for the UK. I think she is working for Talent in London. I'll check.

If you ever find yourself back over this side of the world I can highly recommend Sydney. Plenty of jobs and the money is still great compared to NZ.

How did you get on finding work? Myself and a colleague are busting to come back to London and I figure there must be *some* jobs around?
                    Excellent, thanks forr that. Yeah have definitely heard quite a few good things on Sydney!

Job market not too bad over here at the moment. Euro crisis definitely having an impact on Financial jobs as you would expect but it's not too bad overall. Though, I understand it was a LOT better a few years ago so you might find it quite a bit quieter now than it was when last here!?

Comment

Working...
                    X