• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting for the RDF Group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting for the RDF Group

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with the RDF Group? The director is Tony Antoniades, who ran Eurolink and Aristotle. Some contractors on forums say they get paid and other messages advise to avoid working via them. They have some big customers, like Sky and Virgin Money, and I would expect such clients would not use a supplier unless the staff were paid.

What are they like now?

Originally posted by sunflower View Post
    Hi

Does anyone have any experience with the RDF Group? The director is Tony Antoniades, who ran Eurolink and Aristotle. Some contractors on forums say they get paid and other messages advise to avoid working via them. They have some big customers, like Sky and Virgin Money, and I would expect such clients would not use a supplier unless the staff were paid.

What are they like now?
    I went through RDF on a contract with a major bank back in 2007 - 2008. At the time they were fine, payments were always made on time, I don't have any more recent info on them though...

Comment

RDF

Originally posted by sunflower View Post
      Hi

What are they like now?

I worked via RDF for just over a year starting in 2010.
      I had similar concerns as you, for exactly the same reasons, and think I posted almost the same question.

I had no issues being paid, and remember asking for an extra £50
      per day on the rate being offered (£350p/d to £400p/d) before starting the contract. Which they successfully negotiated.
      I would have no issues working via them again, based on this experience.
      “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Not a good experience for me I'm afraid - got ripped off good and proper whilst at Northern Rock in 2009. Found out that their daily mark up was £150 - got offered a renewal so asked for a £25 a day rise. They refused...more fool them. I walked! I didn't want to, as the job was local, but they just struck me a bunch of greedy *******s

Received a call from a director of some sort a couple of days later wanting to know who refused the rate rise...ha ha... too late as I already had another role lined up.

You might ask why I accepted the original rate...well like I said, it was local and I had just had a 30% rate cut at BT as had a lot of others that switched to NR. RDF realised this and pounced like wolves...not just screwing the contractor but a government owned bank too.

Agents eh... who'd have thought it
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
          Not a good experience for me I'm afraid - got ripped off good and proper whilst at Northern Rock in 2009. Found out that their daily mark up was £150 - got offered a renewal so asked for a £25 a day rise. They refused...more fool them. I walked! I didn't want to, as the job was local, but they just struck me a bunch of greedy *******s

Received a call from a director of some sort a couple of days later wanting to know who refused the rate rise...ha ha... too late as I already had another role lined up.

You might ask why I accepted the original rate...well like I said, it was local and I had just had a 30% rate cut at BT as had a lot of others that switched to NR. RDF realised this and pounced like wolves...not just screwing the contractor but a government owned bank too.

Agents eh... who'd have thought it
          No good complaining about £150 mark-up without saying what you were getting is there. If you were get £200 per day then its bad, but if you were getting £500+ it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
            No good complaining about £150 mark-up without saying what you were getting is there. If you were get £200 per day then its bad, but if you were getting £500+ it isn't.
            Ok..they billed NR £450, I got £300 and a lesson learned. Is that bad enough for you?
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Ok..they billed NR £450, I got £300 and a lesson learned. Is that bad enough for you?
              Yep thanks.

Comment

They were flying agents up to the north east from Brighton for a couple of nights each week, to check on their contractor’s welfare too….I guess I wasn’t the only one being fleeced at the time.
                Blood in your poo

Comment

No, that was your fault for not knowing market rates

Also worth remebering that they didn't take 42% or your income, you got 66% of theirs...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    No, that was your fault for not knowing market rates

Also worth remebering that they didn't take 42% or your income, you got 66% of theirs...
                    Oh well..if you put it like that it doesn't sound bad at all
                    Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
                    X