• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strike early or wait for blame game to start?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strike early or wait for blame game to start?

Permies in my project are resigning left, right and centre and those who are left behind have no idea what they have to do. Ultimately, it will always be the contractor who has 'goofed up'. I have all the ammunition with me to strike early and present the facts and figures of my work to the management....or should I wait for the blame game to start in a couple of months when the project turns tulip...?

No, you should tell management what the problems are and your plan for pulling it back together.

Comment

Wait for the Blame Storming session.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        No, you should tell management what the problems are and your plan for pulling it back together.
        WES - also when you tell them make sure you have also put it in a document which you also bcc'ed to your ltd company email account.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
          Permies in my project are resigning left, right and centre and those who are left behind have no idea what they have to do. Ultimately, it will always be the contractor who has 'goofed up'. I have all the ammunition with me to strike early and present the facts and figures of my work to the management....or should I wait for the blame game to start in a couple of months when the project turns tulip...?
          Keep calm and carry on invoicing.

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          LOL! Yep, that'll work.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

management don't care - contractors

will be fired if project fails.
            If they have large budget tell them only if you are critical to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
              Why don't you do what you were contracted to do and stop playing politics like a permanent employee?

Comment

Absolutely say nothing, this isn't your problem.

Only reply direct to any criticism, otherwise just let this blow over your head.

When everyone leaves left right and centre everyone knows the Proect management has f***ed up, no sense in stating the blindingly obvious.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
                  Why don't you do what you were contracted to do and stop playing politics like a permanent employee?
                  This is one of the main reasons I left permiedom, to get away from exactly this kind of game-playing. Unless you're being addressed/criticised directly, I would just get my head down, carry on with the task in hand, and carry on invoicing, ensuring I'm doing everything I should be as per the original reason my LtdCo was hired...

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    LOL! Yep, that'll work.
                    It would if it was me. Are you a bit rubbish?

Comment

Working...
                    X