• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any experience withTullow OIL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience withTullow OIL

I got an interview call after a month after submission of my CV by the agency.
    The interview date was fixed after a week from the call.
    Interview was excellent.
    It is two and a half weeks since the interview and still waiting for a feedback, at least a yes or a no.
    My agent says he has not received any feedback as things are constantly changing at the client side and no news is good news.

Anybody with similar experience at Tullow or any other client.

Thanks

No news = no.

Forget the gig and keep applying. If they sort themselves out and want you your phone will be ringing off the hook. Until that point forget it and keep applying.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

LOL. What NLUK said.

No news means either no, client cant be arsed to sort it out, or they've given it someone else and waiting for them to say yes or no but keeping you hanging on just in case.

Honesty, dont waste your life waiting for clients to get back to you. Aint gonna happen in most cases.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        No news = no.

Forget the gig and keep applying. If they sort themselves out and want you your phone will be ringing off the hook. Until that point forget it and keep applying.
        WNLUKS
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Just to disagree with everyone else. I gave up on a gig and told the agent that i'm going elsewhere and no longer available. Contract arrived 2 days later. O&G regularly have delayed start dates as T's&C's take an age to sign as the contract values are so large.

Are you going for an IT or Eng position?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
            Just to disagree with everyone else. I gave up on a gig and told the agent that i'm going elsewhere and no longer available. Contract arrived 2 days later. O&G regularly have delayed start dates as T's&C's take an age to sign as the contract values are so large.

Are you going for an IT or Eng position?
            Dont think anyone suggested actually telling OP to do anything like tell the agent you're no longer available. If it happens it happens as NLUK says.

But pointless sitting around waiting for feedback. Look for other stuff. If gig comes back after two weeks all well and good if you're still looking.

To agree with NLUK, if a contract suddenly comes good, agent would crawl over broken glass to get hold of you. No need to worry about trying to get hold of them for feedback....

No such thing as feedback for contract positions. CLient either wants you - agent very interested in speaking to you or doesn't want you - agent doesnt give a tulip and wont waste his time talking to you.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Dont think anyone suggested actually telling OP to do anything like tell the agent you're no longer available.
              I was just saying that giving the agent the kick he needed suddenly resulted in a new gig for me when it appeared that the gig wasn't going to be offered. It took 3 months for the agent to do something and when he did i got a gig I wanted and he gets his commission.

I wouldn't suggest people go down my approach as it could mean losing out on the job you want but whatever way you need to go to get a straight answer from an agent it will mean that you can go and focus your efforts on other roles.

I always thought that no news is bad news but in the current Eng market agents haven't got time to follow up every submission so need some gentle persuasion.

Comment

Originally posted by KVB View Post
                Interview was excellent.
                It is two and a half weeks since the interview and still waiting for a feedback, at least a yes or a no.
                My agent says he has not received any feedback as things are constantly changing at the client side and no news is good news.

Thanks
                He is lying to you so you won't go somewhere else in the hope that a contract may appear. It won't so keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
                  I always thought that no news is bad news but in the current Eng market agents haven't got time to follow up every submission so need some gentle persuasion.
                  I find this hard to believe. If this is the case they either need to take more people on or sack some of the ones they have. They can't let money go begging like that.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KVB View Post
                    Interview was excellent.

Thanks
                    Here's a clue.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X