• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Substitution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substitution

Hi All!,
    I've been offered a contract I don't really want, so I was considering taking it and sending a substitute (who is good but missing some of the key elements required (but I would be on hand to help with those)), the agency want the substitutes CV etc before even mentioning to the client. I don't believe I have to and its up to the end client to accept or reject my substitute, what is the position with regards to substitution in IT?

Paul

Re: Substitution

Is your contract with the agent or the end client....

Sent from my Nexus 4
    B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
      Is your contract with the agent or the end client....

Sent from my Nexus 4
      Current with neither!, I've been formally offered the job, but not seen the actual contract yet, but I'm assuming will be with the agent (so they can add on their blood money)..

Comment

Re: Substitution

You can't invoke a clause in a contract you've not signed.
        B00med!

Comment

Ask yourself why would the agent want to do this?

How can this be substitution when you don't have a contract? If you don't accept, the agent will just offer it to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
            You can't invoke a clause in a contract you've not signed.
            Good point, maybe I should take the contract and then invoke the clause based on what the contract says with regards to substitution, just wondering if anyone has ever substituted from day one in a specialized field?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
              Ask yourself why would the agent want to do this?
              Because he still wants his "cut" and can't find anyone else with my skill set?

Comment

Sorry but this is a bit ridiculous. You want to send in a sub that isn't up to the mark in to a gig you haven't even sign yet?

They will refuse your sub flat and the agent will get his own person in. Walk away from this one.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Sorry but this is a bit ridiculous. You want to send in a sub that isn't up to the mark in to a gig you haven't even sign yet?

They will refuse your sub flat and the agent will get his own person in. Walk away from this one.
                  In took one look at this thread, laughed and walked away. I really don't know why you bother at times.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by pauljh View Post
                    Because he still wants his "cut" and can't find anyone else with my skill set?
                    Your sub doesn't even have your skill set as you have admitted so the agent isn't gaining anything.... and unless you are super niche the chances of you being the only one with that skill set will be slim to nil. Agents don't barter or do business, they put bums on seats. If it is not yours then there is nothing else in this for you. Very best you could do is try get a finders fee for your mate.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X