• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why agency dont bother to reply

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why agency dont bother to reply

I have applied for couple of jobs in jobserve and the agents dont even bother to reply back. I don't understand why did they even publish it!

Originally posted by sarahs2000 View Post
    I have applied for couple of jobs in jobserve and the agents dont even bother to reply back. I don't understand why did they even publish it!
    I wonder the same thing. I have come to the conclusion that if your CV isn't an exact match which smacks them right in the face with buzzwords/keywords then they just dump it.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
      I wonder the same thing. I have come to the conclusion that if your CV isn't an exact match which smacks them right in the face with buzzwords/keywords then they just dump it.
      150 responses, often its impossible to read every CV. Some have systems to then search the CVs that apply and only flick through those most relevant.

Comment

Is it something to do with your CV being written as well as your title?

This is part and parcel of contracting, and in fact permie applications I would think. If you can stick it then it's time to do something else....

Need to apply a bit of common sense here I am afraid.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Are you quite new to job hunting?? It's pretty standard to not hear back in most cases.... Just keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonAgent View Post
            150 responses, often its impossible to read every CV.
            So what does all the commision that you fleece from us/the clients pay for then?
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

What skills / industry?
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                So what does all the commision that you fleece from us/the clients pay for then?
                That's not a serious question is it?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AnonAgent View Post
                  150 responses, often its impossible to read every CV. Some have systems to then search the CVs that apply and only flick through those most relevant.
                  Always wonder if agents read past the role titles on CVs. Sometimes the role title is completely different to the work undertaken, but if you change the job title and this gets picked up at reference stage......But if you don't change the title then you get missed for a suitable role.

Comment

I used to get hacked off the odd time an agent didn't get back to me with feedback or ignored my calls/emails AFTER the interview.

Yes I realise it meant I didn't get the role but common courtesy would dictate some level of feedback after they have put you in front of their client.

IMHO...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X