• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SAP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAP

Just interested to know how many of the people on the forum work with SAP. Show of hands?

Im an FICO functional consultant, worked for big 4 for 6 years, then spent the last two years contracting. Have found it quite easy to get work in that time, and even better, my last two contracts (including current one) were found through contacts, so went direct with no agencies involved.

milanbenes
    NotAllThere
    Pondlife
    tomasoerense (or something like that)

Even suity has dabbled in SAP!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      milanbenes
      NotAllThere
      Pondlife
      tomasoerense (or something like that)

Even suity has dabbled in SAP!
      Tis true.

A quick looky at my linkedin contacts shows there's work out there if you're willing to travel.

Comment

Different world out there for SAP I find. There are Service Managers and SAP Service Managers with no crossover. I have tried to get SAP SM roles and my 15+ years don't count a jot. One role got filled by a guy with SAP knowledge but very little SM experience. Nice closed shop if you can get in there.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I took SAP off my CV due to the amount of crap emails from agencies as all I ever did was build the back end infrastructure (databases) for SAP so had no real clue what it was but still had to have it in there to explain what I was doing. If agents actually bothered to read CVs...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The agencies that call me from time to time seem to indicate that there's a huge demand at the moment.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I wouldn't own up to it - I hate SAP it's the worst pile of nonsense I have ever had the misfortune to use. Never devleoped in it just as an end user. It's the most unintuitive over complicated lump of bloatware I've ever seen. I'm sure most companies could save 5% off their bottom line just by going back to pen and paper.

Example 1) Times sheets at my current gig. IT takes about 1 hour to enter 20 days of time all booked to the same cost code. the screen design is tulipe I can only see 1 days at a time and the action required in "Releasing" unlocking and sumbintting and saving is nonsense. I have no ideas really what I've done, but have learn to do it like a dog or I don't get paid.

Example 2) Dad's factory implemented materials mangement, to order a new nut for a machine that broke took about 15 minutes of drilling into menus to get to the sub- sub- assembly. They gave up and started ordering a pack of nuts from the supplier and screw SAP. The funniest bit on this was they sent all the fitters on to a SAP course. In the first 5 minutes the poor lady said "if you double click this menu..." to which everyone said " whats a menu and what do you mean double click". The PM was from SAP so should have arranged a basic PC skills course first!

If any one works there, please can do delete the source code, destroy the back ups and then log out for the last time.

thankyou.
              Last edited by IR35FanClub; 13 March 2013, 12:38.
              Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Re:SAP

Originally posted by kempc23 View Post
                Just interested to know how many of the people on the forum work with SAP. Show of hands?

Im an FICO functional consultant, worked for big 4 for 6 years, then spent the last two years contracting. Have found it quite easy to get work in that time, and even better, my last two contracts (including current one) were found through contacts, so went direct with no agencies involved.
                I am working in an SAP rollout (FICO rollout) since Jan-2012. Also brought in by a contact, the Programme Manager, so working directly without an agency!
                My last two contracts also through contacts without even needing an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by kempc23 View Post

SAP FICO
                  SAP MDM / DS
                  SAP CRM

There's the chance I'll be working on SAP CRM soon.

I hate SAP.

Comment

I am currently on SAP because noone else would touch it - I now know why

Comment

Working...
                    X