• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in the EU but still visiting the UK (Counting days)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in the EU but still visiting the UK (Counting days)

Hi all

Here's the situation I started the contract for a Swiss tech company in 03/2012 the contract runs till 26/04/2013. So I was there happily expecting to return to the UK that evening or so I thought, it seems they've realised that they need me for at least another 3 months something my wife isn't too pleased about and I'm not so happy either. So the question is currently I have non-resident status and only visited the UK for 40 days during the 2012/2013 financial year, HMRC told me it's fine as long as it was under 90 days to keep me the company will agree to pay for me to fly home every weekend this would in turn bump up the number of days I've been in UK. What I don't know is am I still bound by the 90 day rule for the years or is a different number if you're out of the country for more than a year i.e 120 days within 2 years etc? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
    In Scooter we trust

Working...
X