• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roc-search - pointless waste of time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkfish View Post
    Andy, in my direct experience of ROC-Search the above is, to be frank, bulltulip.

FIVE YEARS AGO I required them to remove my details as I no longer wished them to represent me, contact me or otherwise make their continued pointless existence known to me. I still get upwards of five messages a month attempting to contact me, for what I havent the foggiest as roc-search.com won themselves a permanent 550 block at the MTA level.

So that alone tells me two things a) they are not managing their returned mails correctly b) they still hold my details. Which by now will be woefully out of date and irrelevant.

Still a straight company that cannot adhere to basic data protection principles required of them by law? Especially after I have formally requested they remove my details.

Meh
    If you want Roc Search to adhere to the Data Protection Act send them a recorded delivery letter making it clear if they don't stop using your data, which is incorrect, you will make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Then when they contract you again, complain to the Information Commissioner showing your recorded delivery slip as proof.

I've had a few other agencies annoy me but once they realised I would complain they left me alone.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh yes SueEllen most definitely and I have my solid case with years of unsolicited email.
      To elaborate further I have on more than one occasion asked them to desist under threat of reporting as you describe. Not one blind bit of difference, not even when my 550 reject message suggests they take themselves somewhere else in a manner inappropriate to describe for this board

Where you mention Information Comissioner I have in my work capacity had to deal with the office and it was not a bad experience at all.

I suppose its more this; couldn't agree more with other posters on this thread but cannot understand why somebody elects to stick up for Roc when multiple posters can suggest ways in which they are anything but a straight company.

Saying no more, back in me box.

Comment

Originally posted by monkfish View Post
        Oh yes SueEllen most definitely and I have my solid case with years of unsolicited email.
        To elaborate further I have on more than one occasion asked them to desist under threat of reporting as you describe. <snip>
        You threatened them but did not carry out the threat then come on here and write random non-related stuff - no wonder they ignore you and continue to spam you.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X