• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roc-search - pointless waste of time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't volunteer to go through their screening process
    No, cos I know a lovely chap like you fall for that tulip.
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 16 December 2015, 15:58. Reason: Removal of vulgarity. I say!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      No, cos I know a lovely chap like you fall for that tulip.
      They would never afford me anyway
      Last edited by NotAllThere; 16 December 2015, 15:57. Reason: Removal of vulgarity
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So what about my idea to create sticky name and shame list? We could flag these agents by names or agency name ? That will show them !
        Last edited by diseasex; 16 December 2015, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Arent these the same as ROC IT? If so, they're a small agency who want to meet you before submitting you to the client. Ive told them previously I dont do agency 'meets.'

They gave me some bollocks about them being able to satisfy the client about me personally. I said you can get that via a discussion over the phone. They said they like to see what people look like!

Click, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr.
          Aren't most of the things they can tell by looking at you illegal to use as a basis of decision?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
            Normally I don't comment / stick up for other companies, but I happen to know the owner of Roc-Search. He is a decent guy who runs a straight company.
            Then why does he employ idiots who get away with things like this?

I think its fair to say, a lot of people know that ROC Search are a complete joke as an agency. They seem the worst for this sort of behaviour.

If the owner is a decent guy then someone needs to tell him whats going on. Andy? ;-)
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Yesterday I had a call from <a slime: should I disclose his name??> at ROC SEARCH : they had a role 'come up' thats sounded ideal, but they needed 2 references. So, I gave them 1 reference who is a previous ROC slime, then another misc. agency slime.
              Today I got the same call from the same ROC slime! Only just realised it was the self same slime!!

Incompetant and slimey, that's ROC. (not to mention a waste of time).

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                Yesterday I had a call from <a slime: should I disclose his name??> at ROC SEARCH : they had a role 'come up' thats sounded ideal, but they needed 2 references. So, I gave them 1 reference who is a previous ROC slime, then another misc. agency slime.
                Today I got the same call from the same ROC slime! Only just realised it was the self same slime!!

Incompetant and slimey, that's ROC. (not to mention a waste of time).
                You just won the internet!!
                "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
                Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Yup, same experience. Utterly useless.

Comment

Straight company that ignores compliance?

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    Normally I don't comment / stick up for other companies, but I happen to know the owner of Roc-Search. He is a decent guy who runs a straight company.
                    Andy, in my direct experience of ROC-Search the above is, to be frank, bulltulip.

FIVE YEARS AGO I required them to remove my details as I no longer wished them to represent me, contact me or otherwise make their continued pointless existence known to me. I still get upwards of five messages a month attempting to contact me, for what I havent the foggiest as roc-search.com won themselves a permanent 550 block at the MTA level.

So that alone tells me two things a) they are not managing their returned mails correctly b) they still hold my details. Which by now will be woefully out of date and irrelevant.

Still a straight company that cannot adhere to basic data protection principles required of them by law? Especially after I have formally requested they remove my details.

Meh

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                      So what about my idea to create sticky name and shame list? We could flag these agents by names or agency name ? That will show them !
                      One word: libel. Nobody wants that hassle.
                      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X