• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Jobs Site Is Best?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Have to agree with kingcook, had four pimps email me last week through LI saying they had a fantastic role for me and that I should "connect" with them.

Instead emailed back for more details, gave each one my mob number and not one called. Blatant phishing.

qh
    If you've linked to them and they dont deliver - delete them from your contacts. Culled another 6 off last night, contacts coming down nicely

Some people just want to be on LI for having a record number of contacts, what's that all about if they dont deliver?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

All of the big jobsites are useful, but also keep in touch with agents who have contacted you previously.

Jobserve, CW, TechnoJobs, etc..

All have their place but networks are also important, previous colleagues, friends etc..
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Alternative sites you may want to check

You can take a look at other job sites like Staff.com, Odesk, Monster etc. If you are looking for work you can sign up and post your resume at no cost, same goes if you are looking to hire.

I've actually read several reviews about these sites and most of them are positive so I think they're reliable.
        Last edited by johnlarase; 6 June 2013, 01:31.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          Linked in is where it's at! i have had two contracts from there. I also seem popular with recruitment agents on linked in they all want to be my friend! I think Linked in is starting to advertise jobs, I reckon they will take over the whole recruitment market soon.
          Linked-in was the site that got their members' passwords stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by pFennig View Post
            Linked-in was the site that got their members' passwords stolen.
            Them and twitter, Facebook and yahoo. If you restrict your logins to those site that have not been owned you are in for a small Internet

Comment

Linked-in Losers Pwned.

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              Them and twitter, Facebook and yahoo. If you restrict your logins to those site that have not been owned you are in for a small Internet

Indeed.

Natural selection rulez.

Comment

Working...
              X