• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Jobs Site Is Best?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Jobs Site Is Best?

CWJobs, Jobsite or Jobserve?

Or are all the jobs on Jobserve anyway and its not worth bothering with the others?
    Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Try Technojobs - more contracts than CW. Jobserve is still ok - but IMO not what it was at all.

Comment

Agencies don't use job sites. They load their job specs into an aggregator like Broadbean and tick the boxes. Which boxes they tick depends totally on the charges the destination sites make.

So, as with anything to do with agencies, it's all a total lottery where your dream job will turn up.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Agencies don't use job sites. They load their job specs into an aggregator like Broadbean and tick the boxes. Which boxes they tick depends totally on the charges the destination sites make.

So, as with anything to do with agencies, it's all a total lottery where your dream job will turn up.
        Broadbean is a piece of software utilised to automatically post jobs - not an aggregator of jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          Broadbean is a piece of software utilised to automatically post jobs - not an aggregator of jobs.
          By that description its an aggregator of job boards. Which it is and agencies then just pick a random selection of boards to post to.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            By that description its an aggregator of job boards. Which it is and agencies then just pick a random selection of boards to post to.
            Maybe in that sense. But I dont think it would be random selection - more like pre-defined based on relevance & a commercial agreement.

Comment

This is just my opinion but I've used a lot of boards;

Jobsite - I get the most contact from agents via this. Job search engine pretty tulipe.
              Jobswerve - Hardly ever an agent says they saw my details from here. Best job search engine of any site.
              Techojobs - Never had an agent say they saw my details here. Pretty tulipe job search engine.
              CWJobs - Never had an agent say they saw my details here. Reasonable job search engine (why you cant search more than a max 30 mile radius of somewhere I dont know!)
              Monster - Had a few agents say they saw my details here. Seem more permie centric than contract though.
              Reed.co.uk - tulipe
              or IT Contract Jobs, September 2019 I itcontractjobs.co.uk
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 September 2019, 17:28.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Jobserve - I find the best one for job searching seem to have nearly all other jobs that show on other sites, only had a few agents say they have seen my CV on there.
                Jobsite/totaljobs - I get agents via these. Job search I find them both to be the same in how they look and the jobs they bring up. Not great for job searching.
                Monster - Had a number of agents say they saw my details here. I never use to search for jobs I find the adverts and search engine horrible and never seems to come up with any jobs so now don't use it other than to upload my CV.
                Reed.co.uk - Don't seem to have lots of jobs and you see the same ones rattling round day after day.

So the only one I really use if Jobserve and have a quick look at jobsite/totaljobs just for any that jobserve may not show which to be honest is hardly any.

Comment

I picked up three contracts via cwjobs.co.uk so it's my personal favourite, but jobserve is best for overseas work

Comment

Linked in is where it's at! i have had two contracts from there. I also seem popular with recruitment agents on linked in they all want to be my friend! I think Linked in is starting to advertise jobs, I reckon they will take over the whole recruitment market soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X