What insurance has everybody got? What insurance has everybody got? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 61
  1. #11

    Fingers like lightning

    kevpuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wherever the wind blows
    Posts
    776

    Default

    +1 for PCG Plus - I have this, as well as PI and PL via QDOS, who also cover IR35 contract reviews.

  2. #12

    Super poster

    quackhandle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bag End, The Shire, Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    If you have a car you need to make sure you have business cover added on to the car insurance. Most insurers will add it on to the policy free but you may have to pay the admin charge for this. If you are driving around with out this then if you have an accident even if it's on a Saturday the insurer can decide not to cover you. (Search for threads on this.)
    Wasn't aware of this, you learn something new every day, many thanks SE.

    qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

  3. #13

    Super poster


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mainly on a train
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Join the PCG, using Plus membership. That plus your existing cover will be all you need.
    So if you lose a HMRC enquiry and get a bill for £100k, that will pay it?

  4. #14

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    So if you lose a HMRC enquiry and get a bill for £100k, that will pay it?
    We've had this argument before.

    General rule of thumb - if you are intelligent enough to sign up for IR35 insurance you are intelligent enough to ensure that your contracts are compliant, which means that you will be defended all the way to the supreme court.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #15

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    We've had this argument before.

    General rule of thumb - if you are intelligent enough to sign up for IR35 insurance you are intelligent enough to ensure that your contracts are compliant, which means that you will be defended all the way to the supreme court.
    WSES. Plus (a) you can take out the additional cover if you really want to and (b) you will know enough to declare yourself inside IR35 if you are genuinely caught.
    Blog? What blog...?

  6. #16

    Super poster

    nomadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Location. Location!
    Posts
    2,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevpuk View Post
    PI and PL via QDOS, who also cover IR35 contract reviews.
    This^

    It's what I went for having done a Search of this site and a bit of reading around. All-in-all, very happy.
    nomadd liked this post

  7. #17

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    For work? Disability (privately insured), professional indemnity and public liability.

    Oh, and car insurance, life assurance and all that guff.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  8. #18

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quackhandle View Post
    Wasn't aware of this, you learn something new every day, many thanks SE.

    qh
    Well as you are travelling to and from your temporary location you are using your car for business, not commuting. You are claiming the mileage under the wholly and exclusively for trade etc... Having an accident while doing this will invalidate your insurance as you are not commuting.

    Adding business level 1 or whatever you insurance people call it will be peanuts. Even if you travelled between sites as a permie if you expense the mileage using your own car you needed this.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #19

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well as you are travelling to and from your temporary location you are using your car for business, not commuting. You are claiming the mileage under the wholly and exclusively for trade etc... Having an accident while doing this will invalidate your insurance as you are not commuting.

    Adding business level 1 or whatever you insurance people call it will be peanuts. Even if you travelled between sites as a permie if you expense the mileage using your own car you needed this.
    Looks like this thread has saved a few people from a future costly bill and trouble with getting all types of insurance later on.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  10. #20

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Looks like this thread has saved a few people from a future costly bill and trouble with getting all types of insurance later on.
    Wonder if it will click to check their home insurance if they claim an office at home...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •