• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Pre-employment Screening Credit File

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankfully it's not the Bank mentioned above but as stated by a couple of people on here I am being very realistic and understand I have more chances of rejection than acceptance. Please anyone with an opinion even negative I am happy to hear it.

As advised by northernladuk and others, I am taking my time filling in the form and ensuring I read the wording correctly making sure I provide everything requested. Does anyone know once the on-line vetting form is submitted, how long they normally take to get back to you? I am hoping to submit first thing Friday morning.

Comment

Oddly enough when I did mine for a bank I did it while I was actually working for the client and took a good number of weeks of too'ing and fro'ing to provide everything they wanted. I took 6 months off after redundancy a year or so before so had to supply evidence I was at large and active in the general public so could have delayed it.

The fact I was already in meant it might have been a different process so not really something to use as a guide I guess.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So I forgot to mention in my last post, I finally have my credit reports. Funny thing happened with the credit files, the one from Equifax shows everything and Experian are not showing the defects accounts I mentioned. Has anyone ever come across this? I am still combining information on the two to complete the form.

Comment

Originally posted by mushairo View Post
          So I forgot to mention in my last post, I finally have my credit reports. Funny thing happened with the credit files, the one from Equifax shows everything and Experian are not showing the defects accounts I mentioned. Has anyone ever come across this? I am still combining information on the two to complete the form.
          It's normal.

There are actually 3 credit reference agencies plus a fraud data agency.

They don't combine information.

So you have to check all of them if you are in financial trouble as different companies use the different ones. So it's just by chance that all the companies you have had trouble with use Equifax, there as mine were split unevenly amongst Equifax and Experian with Callcredit showing nothing.

With the fraud data agency you have to do a Data Subject Access Request to see if they have information on you which costs £10.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just be honest no point doing anything else.

Take it on the chin, you don´t have to work in a bank, and to be honest it looks to me like this sector is a dying duck.

After quite a number of years in a bank I now work in the "Internet scene", and it´s quite refreshing to do something different, particularly as they´re under pressure to innovate. The banks were fairly innovative in the past but now it´s regulation, no fun I reckon.

With a bit of luck you might get the job but if not don´t worry just plug away.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Of the 22 PM's I offered contracts to in RBS last year 8 were rejected as the had defaults > £250 even settled ones, no excuses, no mitigation
              ...crap or what
              crap is the word. RBS?!? There's the pot making sure the kettle's not black.

Comment

Feel for you.

Having had stop/start contracts over the past near two years now I've not always been able to meet my commitments and have been in arrears on less than a handful of occasions. I had an interview lined up with a bank who's name would lead you to think they are very helpful or even CO-llaborative however 'failed' their credit check. Interview offer was withdrawn and cue much unpleasantries from me to the agent who to be fair had no power over the situation and could only agree at the stupid and inadvertently accusative process.

Catch 22 for some I imagine
                Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
                  Feel for you.

Having had stop/start contracts over the past near two years now I've not always been able to meet my commitments and have been in arrears on less than a handful of occasions. I had an interview lined up with a bank who's name would lead you to think they are very helpful or even CO-llaborative however 'failed' their credit check. Interview offer was withdrawn and cue much unpleasantries from me to the agent who to be fair had no power over the situation and could only agree at the stupid and inadvertently accusative process.

Catch 22 for some I imagine

Catch 22 for sure, as we are dying to work and pay our way, and when you are out you are bound to fall behind on some bills, I know there is the risk thing where banks are concerned, but if you look at the number of redundancies in this sector over the past 4/5 years we are talking thousands surely it's inevitable that a small number out of these will end up having financial issues as a result. It just doesn't make sense, these companies are also missing out on some seriously talented individuals. But it's not the end of the world, thankfully we can get in other industries. Having being on benefits for just over a year, I don't get people who are on benefits all their lives and are able bodied. It is just not the way to live, it does nothing for your self esteem. I know there are some companies out there that will hire us without all this fuss so I'll just keep trying.

My form is in waiting on feedback..

Comment

Be honest, they won't want to employ a liar/fraud.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I have a lot of experience on this issue as I work exclusively in the investment banking sector and have a number of defaults on credit cards brought about when I had my double dip recession (long story). Out of principal I'm not settling any of them because quite frankly the banking sector makes me sick. Bank of England base rate at an all time low yet the banks put the APR on their cards up to an alltime high. Parasites. I pretty much decided that I'd take a path that ensure every penny I paid off of these debts would service the debt itself and not just sustain it.

Anyhow, you can imagine the terror I felt when I eventually got off the bench after 5 months and most of my plates had stopped spinning and hit the ground, and was subjected to these checks. I've been through four lots of them now since my recession and with a lot to hide I was fearful. There was no relief landing that contract that I hoped would be my saviour because of these checks. The face that the very banks that the taxpayer had to bail out were now credit checking me was laughable. Anyhow, it hasn't made a difference, fortunately, to me being accepted/rejected.

Either way, the banking sector is dying now and as somebody else posted on this thread, there's a lot more exciting work to be had elsewhere. Maybe the rates aren't as high but the gap is narrowing given all the cuts at the banks. Just how much money do you really need anyhow? I regret being dictated to by rate over the last 6 years in particular and am looking to get back on track with what really matters.

If I were the OP I'd declare nothing. Let them find out. You're probably worried over nothing. I'm living proof of that. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X