• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Memorandum of Understanding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That works well when you actually have something else to go to.

But when the client objects to being held to ransom and says "OK, good luck with that, then", you have a choice of either crawling and admitting that you lied, or walking into nothing.

Crawling back isn't going to strengthen your position if you want to negotiate an increase in the future, either.
    True, but not asking isn't going to get you a payrise either.....
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Same concerns for me as others with this.

Old EB has lost contract with end client and both the end client and new EB want to contract with your Ltd.

Fine in principle - but check your contract with the old EB for handcuffs.

However, a MoA to make you and offer and take you on is an understanding with you and not your Limited. This is absolutely inappropriate.

You are negotiating a contract between your Ltd and the new EB and no less. It must be with your Ltd and nothing less than a contract will do.

That you have already held discussions for their hire of you the man/woman and not to reach an agreement for your Ltd to supply someone screams working practices at me and would make me nervous, irrespective of the paperwork. The conduct is relevant to the hypothetical contract.

Your call at the end of the day though.
      Last edited by 7specialgems; 13 July 2013, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
      X