• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Review" my employer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Review" my employer

Received the following today :

Dear Boo,

We would like to invite you to write a review of your current employer to be published in our employer review centre on the web.

Gold Group is a trusted name in the employment industry and we are now offering a review centre similar to Which? magazine or Trip Advisor to our candidates. Our reviews are to help people like you choose their next employer with confidence.

Imagine buying a car without reading a review on it first! Why work for a company without knowing how they are going to progress you in your career. Would you of benefited from reading an independent review of what it was actually like to work for some of the employers you have worked for in the past?

We will not disclose any personal information about you. You will remain 100% anonymous and can write the review with the upmost confidence. The name of the organisation should be mentioned. The review should be limited to 300 words and constructive; we want to hear about positives and negatives.

In providing us with some insight into your experience of employment you will help like-minded professionals make life changing decisions. This is an exciting adventure that needs your help.

I look forward to reading your review, as long as it is professional and constructive we will publish it on our site. I will email you to confirm the publish date.

Marketing and Defence team

Regards,

Thanks

Laurence Chandler
    Digital Marketing Executive
    Gold Group Ltd
    Can't fault their inventiveness and it made me laugh anyway.

Boo

My employer is a right bastard, late payments, works me like a dog, no positive feedback or compliments, no benefits ad infinitum. Would be Psychocandys worst nightmare!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I am thinking of writing a review of my last job on glassdoor. But the company are incredibly litigious and I don't trust glassdoor not to release my personal details under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        My employer is a right bastard, late payments, works me like a dog, no positive feedback or compliments, no benefits ad infinitum. Would be Psychocandys worst nightmare!
        Shut yer face and get back down the docks. That Armenian chemical tanker is due in port any minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
          Received the following today :

Gold Group is a trusted name in the employment industry..

The name of the organisation should be mentioned. The review should be limited to 300 words and constructive; we want to hear about positives and negatives.

Can't fault their inventiveness and it made me laugh anyway.

Boo
          I've highlighted the portions that will be required in your response.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I am thinking of writing a review of my last job on glassdoor. But the company are incredibly litigious and I don't trust glassdoor not to release my personal details under pressure.
            I've used Glassdoor a bit. Just do it under a dummy email and name. I actually find the site quite interesting, although most reviews are by disgruntled staff.

Comment

Marketing and Defence team

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                NLUK - you're always moaning! Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X