• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I contracted in Norway - Ask me anything

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Escapizm014 View Post
    This has been a very informative thread, I think ill do same for those interested in Holland as I've been there nearly two years, I am now considering a role in Stavanger Norway.

Question if I may, I'm a Ltd Co contractor and the agent is telling me Corporation Tax will not be payable in the UK as all work is invoiced in NO (neither will VAT). My question is a minor one but not inconsiderable, I will incur approx. GBP 4000 a year in taxis fees to/from the airport, how is this expensed managed (the rate is all inclusive to me so all expenses to my account) i.e. is tax deductible expense in UK only?

I'm thinking the only thing my UK accountant will do is my PAYE and dividends and my Corporation TAX, VAT should go away.

Any advice welcomed, I've never contracted I Norway and its very confusing to me?

Tks

Graham
    You contracted two years in The Netherlands and still don't know what the country is called? Not sure if we can rely on your advice

Comment

Working...
    X